RC Racer

How the heck do you oil the front motor bearing???

The motor is shoved all the way to the front and there is no possible way to have access to the very front(bottom) of the motor to oil the bearing without taking the motor apart and to have to oil the bearing with a few drops every time after use, taking the motor out doesn't sound like a grand old fun time after every run. I'm gonna find something to put a drop of oil on and them go around the motor and put it on the bearing. Heck just use my finger I guess.

RC Racer
    I stand mine up on the bow and oil the rear bearing that way every run, you won't like what TRX support says to do. I'm not going to pull the ESC connectors out every other run, they will get loose in a short time, same with the motor screws.

RC Racer
    Well, how do you get the very front bearing? I mean by setting the boat on the stern and getting the other side of the motor. The other bearing. I did what I said I was going to. I got some oil from the hobby shop and just put a few drops on my finger and then went around the motor and pushed it on the bearing.

I watched a video on youtube of a guy oiling his bearings on his boat but he has a Spartan and the motor is plain view unlike the motor being shoved way up under the boat frame for the M41.

RC poster

Smile how to oil front bearing on traxxas m41

I drilled about a quarter inch hole right above the bearing. That way I can stick my oil spout right down to the bearing. Works great!

RC Racer
    Pull the motor and disassemble the case and pull it apart and oil the front bearing, Traxxas support, pretty simple if you haven't already done it.

RC Racer
    Yeah, the only way to access the front of the motor, is to remove it, which I have been doing. I haven't had my boat out in months. Winter time in Indiana. I look forward to getting it out again, hopefully in a few weeks. Still cold here.