RC Racer

Using same lipo different charge rate.

If I buy another lipo, same brand, 3S 5200mah 50C 11.1v lipo 5c charge rate but if I buy another one that is the same but is only 2C charge rate, I could still use them together in the M41? They are essentially the same except charge rate is more on the other.

RC Qualifier
    Right or wrong, I've mixed lipo's c ratings with my 6s truck plenty of times with no problems

sent from Northern Vermont

RC Competitor
    Short answer is you will be fine,

Long answer, it is a really bad habit to get into. When eventually getting into Racing or planes and helis you want to keep matched batteries. aka you buy two batteries for the plane/heli/car whatever it is and run them only when they are together. This allows them to "deteriate" or be "used" at the same rate. Since you are running them in a boat where in cannot fallout of the sky you will be fine.

when mixing batteries in a car or boat I at least try to match the discharge rating.

RC Qualifier
    all IMO; Nice to have the same "C" rating for discharge so both battery's discharge similarly. If different one may get hotter than the other. For Spartan and other high current boats it is more important than it would be for things that draw less current.(cars, small boats) I would worry more about the discharge rating, not the charge rating, If both yours are 50c I would not worry. i always charge lower than the max . Don

RC Racer
    I did find the exact same lipo with same everything, even same charge rate. I went the same hobby shop I bought the original from and they had another. I was gonna buy one online but they were all 2c charge rate instead of 5c, it was about 10 bucks more to have piece of mind of buying the exact same one at the local store vs saving 10 bucks and having a battery that is almost the same.