Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

drivejumpfly's Traxxas XO-1

I did not want to start a thread until I hit 100 MPH on video. I have about seventy runs on my new TSM setup. Still working on getting it to track straight, but today I was able to record a 101 MPH pass so here is part of it. I will keep updating this thread as I make progress. We will see how fast I can take the car before winter sets in.

Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    I have only gotten my XO-1 up too 78MPH so far... I keep wrenching on the car & making adjustments to my XO-1

RC Qualifier
    Looks like a great road for runs, where is this at?
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grave75 View Post
    I have only gotten my XO-1 up too 78MPH so far... I keep wrenching on the car & making adjustments to my XO-1

Same here except mine was 73mph which was my rustler vxl speed so I'm still tuning the servo and the gyro just right and being as straight as I can. My road I'm on was great for my rustler not for my XO-1

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltdoggie View Post
    Looks like a great road for runs, where is this at?
    It is a new construction site in southern CO. I ran there before they even painted the street, but they painted it after my second time there. I did not even realize the paint on the road until I watched the video.
    Last edited by drivejumpfly; 08-21-2016 at 12:43 PM.

RC Qualifier

Traxxas XO-1 101 MPH (full color version)

Here are more/faster passes from the 101 MPH day:

RC Qualifier

Traxxas XO-1 Wreck (lost radio signal around 90 mph)

My attempt to hit 110 ended up in a wreck. I waited too long to get into the throttle and lost radio signal. It is the first wreck where the car needs repairs but so far the damage does not look too bad. If you watch the end of the run from the air you can kind of see the car jump the curb.

RC Qualifier

C5 Corvette Body "on" Traxxas XO-1

Been busy jumping through hoops trying to work on upgrading my XO-1. In a way I made pretty good progress! More to come soon with both.

RC Qualifier
    Seeing the news of the 8S system for the X-Maxx, I wonder if Traxxas will do the same for the XO-1. It would be cool to see upgraded parts for the XO-1 since most of the 8S guys are breaking parts.

RC Qualifier
    Finally getting the itch to work on the car again. I found another radio system for it so I am trying to see if I can save up some spare cash to pick it up.

Not trying to tell you how to drive your car, but I've had best results doing high speed runs coming towards myself and slowing down and breaking right after it passes by me, so then the faster it goes the better radio signal it has and will have enough time to slow down and turn around before it gets out or range. Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC Qualifier
    Nice build

Btw what kinda range does the car have ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger Man View Post
    Not trying to tell you how to drive your car, but I've had best results doing high speed runs coming towards myself and slowing down and breaking right after it passes by me, so then the faster it goes the better radio signal it has and will have enough time to slow down and turn around before it gets out or range. Just my $0.02
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, that is the best way to do it, but more times than not I end up staying in it longer than I should. I am going to try using a ladder the next time I take the car out so I can see if further away and then I can start further away.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxaspro View Post
    Nice build

Btw what kinda range does the car have ?
    I have not performed a range test with the XO-1, but I use the same radio in my X-Maxx and this is range test I performed with it and it seems pretty close:

RC Qualifier
    Finally took the car out for the first time this year. I ran multiple passes over 100 mph in about an hour time span. Fastest was a 106 MPH pass and I quit after that because I already broke my X-Maxx and Rustler earlier in the week so I didn't need another broken car. I will post a video of about eleven passes from the day. I checked the GPS at 93, 103, and 106 because I knew the last pass looked like a 105 mph pass. I am pretty sure the car can hit 110+ with the current configuration, but I need to make some minor adjustments and install my new radio.

RC Qualifier

106 MPH Traxxas XO-1 Making 10+ Passes

RC Qualifier
    kinda shady that you blur the car. as if it is some sort of top-secret spy rig. seems like the opposite of what the forum is intended for. but nice video. whatever car that really is....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    kinda shady that you blur the car. as if it is some sort of top-secret spy rig. seems like the opposite of what the forum is intended for. but nice video. whatever car that really is....
    Seems like you should be 150 plus to hide details. I agree on a cool video though.

RC Qualifier
    I know it seems shady, but if you have seen most of my posts I have done a fair share of sharing details to help people out on this forum. I just am not going to share details on this setup for awhile. Plus, at 106 mph it's not like any one really needs any tips from my setup since you can run that speed with only an aftermarket pinion on a stock XO-1.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    I know it seems shady, but if you have seen most of my posts I have done a fair share of sharing details to help people out on this forum. I just am not going to share details on this setup for awhile. Plus, at 106 mph it's not like any one really needs any tips from my setup since you can run that speed with only an aftermarket pinion on a stock XO-1.
    I always enjoy your videos and won't give you any more of a hard time.

RC Qualifier
    sorry, not trying to be a jerk. it is truly impressive that you got 10 passes without the thing catching fire. and this is 'merica, so you do what you want... good luck with the project.

RC Qualifier
    No worries. You are right about heat. I had to monitor temperatures with my temperature checker. Even with the duct unblocked it warmed up quickly.

RC Qualifier
    Yep, I ended up wrecking it. That's why I don't like talking about the mods! Wrecks always happens before I run the speeds my setup should run! The wreck was not bad, but I am thinking about trading it to a friend since I have an E-Revo 2.0 on the way. We will see what happens this year.

RC Qualifier
    I will try to work on the wreck video next week. I was kind of far away but you can hear the car crash against the curb.

testimony for drivejumpfly .. this person is totally awesome . great info & advice . a gentleman in all sense of the word .
    he helped me greatly . as a newbie I needed help & he gave it with out any hesitation . im most grateful to him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from "0" to "100" .. steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Qualifier
    Glad I could help you out. I can't wait to hear how your well deserved run goes!

maybe sunday if it cools off . thank you

RC Qualifier
    Work is starting to slow down for the year. I will blow the dust off the XO-1 and get it back on the road at the end of this month. Going to try to finally lock in a 110+ pass.

good luck . I think it would be doable with good traction . I may have found a concrete area to run , but still need a rain to clean things . be safe

RC Competitor
    Good luck! Looking forward to another cool video.

Wish i had your problem kzsteve. Woke up to another rainy weekend... grrr

you don't want ca. problems , trust me . I believe the next rain predicted is in January (????)

got my new foams today + new shock oil . got good cleansing rain , maybe I can get a good run finally ...

RC Qualifier
    Which foams did you go with?

RC Competitor
    Which foams? I'v seen incredible difference with foams in my other rc's!!!

gone bananas racing skins .

RC Qualifier
    Keep me updated on how they pan out. I am really interested in the tread life of them.

yes I will . now waiting for rain to stop . LOL

RC Qualifier
    I am actually pulling the XO-1 out of storage today to work on it. I will post some pics later today or tomorrow. I also ordered some foam to try to make my own foam tires. I have not decided if I am going to try to make them for my XO-1 or my 4-Tec. I already have XO-1 wheels without tires so I may just try that. But all of that comes after my XO-1 hits the road again next month.

anxious to see how you do

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    I am actually pulling the XO-1 out of storage today to work on it. I will post some pics later today or tomorrow. I also ordered some foam to try to make my own foam tires. I have not decided if I am going to try to make them for my XO-1 or my 4-Tec. I already have XO-1 wheels without tires so I may just try that. But all of that comes after my XO-1 hits the road again next month.
    Is this foam safe to 60mph or good stuff like banana, contact, BSR ?

RC Qualifier
    I have no idea. I just found some foam that seems pretty dense and I am going to try it out lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast