Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by deeredude View Post
    I run venom 10500 50c and vant 9000 60-120c and hobbystar 8600 100c. The venoms are way over priced. The vants are a great battery and the price is right while the hobbystars are cheaper yet but don't run like the other two. I guess it more comes down to your financial situation. If your looking for a good cheap battery I'd go with the hobbystar or the vant. Thats just my opinion based on my own experience
    Thx for the detail..that is helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Would you rather have a 30hp VW Beetle engine or a 420hp Ford Coyote engine pushing your truck around?
    I always thought of "c rating" more like the size of the fuel line more so than the hp available. Cell count would give you more power. C rating gives you more current. The higher the C rating, the more current (amps) you can safely pull from the packs.

Having a 4S 20C pack is like putting a "420hp coyote engine" in a VW bug without replacing the fuel lines and fuel pump. Poor engine is going to starve to death!
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I always thought of "c rating" more like the size of the fuel line more so than the hp available. Cell count would give you more power. C rating gives you more current. The higher the C rating, the more current (amps) you can safely pull from the packs.

Having a 4S 20C pack is like putting a "420hp coyote engine" in a VW bug without replacing the fuel lines and fuel pump. Poor engine is going to starve to death!
    nice...makes sense now. thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
    nice...makes sense now. thank you!
    It's surprising how too little current flow is harmful whereas too much available isn't. Would be like using a really small gauge wire between the battery and esc, or between the esc and motor. They would get hot and melt/burn. But if you go overboard and use too big of wire, nothing at all happens. The esc will pull as much as it needs and send it to the motor. Then you run into issues with too high of a need via the motor and the esc can't keep up, so it cooks and thermals off if your lucky.

Electronics are fun. lol
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Racer
    I will note that the VW fuel system will support about 400HP on any size engine :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12