RC Enthusiast

My motor is making weird sounds

So my motor is a brushless castle and it's super awesome. So I went to take my slash out for a spin and I tried to full throttle it and my motor made super weird sounds.... Like it was being ground up and it sounded staticy. Then it slows down to a stop and keeps making the weird grinding noise. Is my motor done? What is going on. Thanks for your help!!! :)

RC Qualifier
    Could be your motor shifted and is to tight against the pinion gear. Or your pinion/spur gear is messed up possible, so check your clearance on the gears and inspected them to start with.

Does the sound happen even when the motor and truck are not moving? If it happens only when moving you'll need to isolate the source of the sound. Beyond that, if you feel it is the motor you'll need to call Castle for support of their product.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Could be your motor shifted and is to tight against the pinion gear. Or your pinion/spur gear is messed up possible, so check your clearance on the gears and inspected them to start with.
    Along with this, recommend pulling the pinion away from the spur and testing the motor disengaged from the drive train. Then give the drive train a spin, you might have a rock stuck under the center shaft or spur.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

You need to contact Castle gorgeous tech support of their product.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power