RC Enthusiast

want to upgrade my receiver and remote from the TQ

don't want the traxxas TQI; over priced. i want one that will also fit in my brushed e revo plastic receiver cover

RC Enthusiast
    was looking at the brand Spectrum. just don't know which one.

I've been using a fs gt3b for a few years now and it works alright. Its about $40 last I looked.
    Rustler VXL/ Merv (sold)/ Q32/ Ambush/ Kraton

RC Champion
    Everyone is using sprektrun, but I've seen many saying they aren't very good. I am staying away from Spektrum.

FlySky IT4 If you want telemetry
    RadioLink Rc4G is feature rich and very precise for the price.

Else, get a Futaba.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    SPEKTRUM!!! I've had the DX4C in both my slash 4x4 and my dads slash for 2 years now and have never had any problems. The remotes and recievers are a bit delicate but if your careful with them they'll last forever! Before I got the DX4C I had the DX3C for 3 years and even that worked great! And because they can be bound to multiple recievers and then switched between them, I could drive my 4x4 up to the lake, switch to my boat, drive it out, and then drive my car back
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Champion
    I have a dx3c and two dx4c's that I use on my trucks and boats, they are great radios, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another or recommend one to a friend.
    You see way more people who claim they "heard" spektrum isn't good "from a friend/buddy/acquaintance/somedudeontheinternet" than from people who have actually used them say they aren't good....

I also use spektrum on my planes, helicopters, and quads. Have never had a problem with any of them.
    Dacaur

RC Qualifier
    I would be careful with Spektrum, my buddy just bought a DX4R and we set everything up proper including antenna height and the range is only good for about 60-70 feet before it looses signal. Spektrum is hit or miss with their products. I hated the DX2 with the prior Losi Products I had.

I personally use the Futaba 4PK, I just switched over to it. It is not cheap but have not had 1 single issue and range is good for about 250 feet.

I also hear good about FlySky and know of a lot of people using it and are satisfied.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Racer
    +1 for RadioLink RC4G (or the RC3S, a bit cheaper because it doesn't have the gyro feature).

I'm using both on multiple trucks and never had a problem.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssRC View Post
    I would be careful with Spektrum, my buddy just bought a DX4R and we set everything up proper including antenna height and the range is only good for about 60-70 feet before it looses signal. Spektrum is hit or miss with their products. I hated the DX2 with the prior Losi Products I had.

I personally use the Futaba 4PK, I just switched over to it. It is not cheap but have not had 1 single issue and range is good for about 250 feet.

I also hear good about FlySky and know of a lot of people using it and are satisfied.
    Again, "my buddy". I've loved my spektrum controllers and recievers! Same with my dad. The reason his my not work is again, you have to be careful with them.

RC Qualifier
    And like I said I set it up and range tested it. I also have 3 DX2 sitting on my shelf that I switched over because of range problems. I know for a fact of how poor the range is on the Spektrums.
    Last edited by BadAssRC; 08-23-2016 at 12:16 AM.
    Slash Ultimate, HW XR8 SCT Pro/3660 SD-G2 4300 KV

RC Qualifier
    Are you sure it was the transmitters and a bad reciever? I have had a reciever go out on me before

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ArmedToaster View Post
    I've been using a fs gt3b for a few years now and it works alright. Its about $40 last I looked.
    That's what I use so all the speky guys at the track can blame me for interference. Is it my problem your radio is overpriced and getting stepped on?
    Scoring points!

RC Champion
    I've never had my dx4c (or any other spektrum) go out of range on me. I estimate I gave had my mini Revo out 250 feet or so... Far enough that it was getting tough to tell what direction I was going and I couldn't hear it at all.

The funny thing I have noticed about spektrum by watching various forums for the past decade, people will either have zero problems, or they will have problems with every spektrum product they touch. Something in their local area or setup seems to cause issues every time.
    Dacaur