Noise coming from the rear.

Hey everyone,
    So yesterday I took out my xmaxx for the first time in months. Ended up taking it out to a very small local skate park and ran it for a while, drove it across a grass field to a baseball diamond and when I drove it back I heard a funny noise coming from the rear. When I got home I started doing some much needed maintenance to my xmaxx; I wanted to dig I to the rear end and do some cleaning I figured there was some sand and dirt caught up in the output gears making noise. This is what I found
    So I can't seem to find where these plastic shavings have been coming from. I'm not done trying to figure out what happened. My gears look fine this was just kind of weird. Other than that topped off my rear diff with fluid cleaned all my bearings and going to pack the with marine grease. This is my first time working on my xmaxx like this and I must say it's where all the fun is for me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mdschmidt90 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    So yesterday I took out my xmaxx for the first time in months. Ended up taking it out to a very small local skate park and ran it for a while, drove it across a grass field to a baseball diamond and when I drove it back I heard a funny noise coming from the rear. When I got home I started doing some much needed maintenance to my xmaxx; I wanted to dig I to the rear end and do some cleaning I figured there was some sand and dirt caught up in the output gears making noise. This is what I found
    So I can't seem to find where these plastic shavings have been coming from. I'm not done trying to figure out what happened. My gears look fine this was just kind of weird. Other than that topped off my rear diff with fluid cleaned all my bearings and going to pack the with marine grease. This is my first time working on my xmaxx like this and I must say it's where all the fun is for me!

looks like a seized output tranny gear bearing is the culprit
    Fortenwinkler

Yup right there,
    Bearing isn't seized up though, probably need a new output gear and bearing.

RC Champion
    Ya that's seized bearing,time to for steel output gear..
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

Yeah the HR is 64$ on their website . Any other suggestions?

RC Racer
    You must live and run in the Bayou, salt and sand, good luck with r/c's there.

Well not the Bayou, Salt Lake city is where I am from. I know what did it. I took it to a Atv park and there was a good size puddle about 30 feet wide and I was driving through the water and I didn't give my truck the proper maintenance I normal give. This was definitely self driven for sure.

Just so happens I was shopping for steel output drives and I found an HR steel gear from liquid rc for $6.33 a piece so I bought 2! Feels like I scored big on that one!

Here is the proof right here.

RC Champion
    Here is the proof right here.

wow you so lucky!!!!!i got mine for $68
    You should've bought more
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

I did I bought 2 I think it was the last of them cause when I bought them they only had the option of buying 1 or 2.

RC Champion
    @mdschmidt90
    BTW if your still running with stock diff pinion your ok,but if u have the spiral cut pinion then you will have to sand down the black coating of the spiral cut pinion and will have to use bench press to get the spiral pinion to slide into the steel output gear..this is due to the spiral pinion splines are a bit thicker than stock one..
    Last edited by PATS4LIFE; 08-22-2016 at 01:21 PM.
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

Good looking out @PATS4LIFE. I'm running stock but that is great to know in the future.

RC Champion
    Good looking out @PATS4LIFE. I'm running stock but that is great to know in the future.

no problem,I didn't find out about it til I disassembled Xmaxx to install it,but big thanks @classichevey for letting me know on how he got it to work with the spiral cut pinion..
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

Well my order wasn't supposed to be here until Monday and look what came in today! Super freaking stoked! I can't believe I bought these for less than $15 for both!