RC poster

Stampede 4x4 VXL Telemetry

I really want to know what speeds I am reaching with my Stampede. Trying to look into the bluetooth telemetry options. What do I need to purchase and install to use the telemetry and app? It it worth it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have the airtronics telemetry system so for me it was just a speed sensor. I think with the traxxas system you need the tqi system with the docking base and an iPhone.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Quote Originally Posted by RCMayhem140 View Post
    I really want to know what speeds I am reaching with my Stampede. Trying to look into the bluetooth telemetry options. What do I need to purchase and install to use the telemetry and app? It it worth it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I have telemetry on my p4de. You can use android or apple, see link below for system requirements.

You would need these if wanting speed only. (But in the app you can monitor rpm, batt voltage, motor temp with extra sensors).

*Tqi tx and rx.

*Bluetooth module.

That goes in the back of the TQi tx.
    (I bought my TQi tx with Bluetooth module installed and rx online fot about 65 bucks. The bluetooth module alone is around 25 bucks.)

*Telemetry expander.

*Traxxas gps unit. (Ive seen both together for 65 online.)

The expander with GPS installed.

TQi Telemetry | Traxxas
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/t...y/tqitelemetry

Hope that helps.

I have everything except the gps unit. The app will tell you speed if you don't have the gps unit and have the rpm sensor installed, but it's a calculated speed according to tire size, motor size etc. I tested and they were off anywhere from 4 to 6 mph at speeds of 35-45mph. The slower i went the more acurate the calculation was. But you maybe running a size tire not in the menu on app. Or the size motor not listed in app. So it won't calculate true speeds without gps unit. I haven't bought the gps unit for the system because I just use my garmin nuvi.

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Last edited by Briber; 08-24-2016 at 12:50 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Oh forgot to mention this earlier. I used one of those arm bands that hold phone or ipod while you run to hold my phone on tx.If you put it flat where batteries are and put phone in it, then set the strap tight that goes over top of base, then flip phone from bottom of base to up around side like in picture, its pretty tight and hold perfectly!
    I think they stopped making the tx with docking base.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    I have the airtronics telemetry system so for me it was just a speed sensor. I think with the traxxas system you need the tqi system with the docking base and an iPhone.
    How much did that system cost? Got a picture of it?

Last edited by Briber; 08-24-2016 at 05:32 PM.

RC Competitor
    I've thought about just buying a radar gun since it would be cheaper than getting the telemetry expander and GPS unit for both my Spartan and Stampede (and whatever I buy next). I think I will eventually get the motor temp sensors for the Spartan, but for now I just have a laser temperature gun for my stuff.
    Stampede VXL 4x4, Spartan, Alias, Aton Plus

Yea after a high speed flip and slide on its lid, I removed body to find garmin screen shattered. I was gonna buy the Trx gps but I found several garmin nuvi gps for under 20 used including shipping so I bought another one of them.