Thread: New X-Maxx $699

RC Competitor

New X-Maxx $699

If anyone is familiar with the website, Massdrop, they have a deal on the X-Maxx for $699. I won't post the link, but you can search the site easily.

RC Racer
    Doesn't that violate Traxxas price setting. I could be completely wrong but I wouldn't trust a place that can't follow simple rules.

RC Racer
    I'd be careful with sites your not familiar with on a big purchase, but my LHS had the X-Maxx down to $735 so they could offload it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Definitely rather spend the little bit extra and purchase from a more reputable site.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Enthusiast
    Not sure. The website seems legit, but you're only saving $20 after tax and shipping since it doesn't come with a battery or a charger and most definitely doesn't honor Traxxas' deal on the XMaxx right now.
    XMaxx. Rustler. No one starts at the top.

RC Competitor
    Massdrop is extremely reputable. They deal mostly in high-end tech and electronics. They basically get their deals by having people sign up to purchase items at a discount, and once they receive enough commitments, they place the bulk order to the manufacturer with the bulk price reduction and pass the savings on to the consumer. It is like you and your friends buying a pallet of toilet paper or something similar from Costco.

RC poster
    My LHS order one in for me for $699 saying that Taxxas was having a hard time moving them. Yep got one and it has a bag servo from day one and Traxxas wants me to send them the whole truck. Makes no sense.

RC poster
    That's a bad servo not a bag servo

RC Competitor
    I really don't think traxxas has a hard time selling the X maxx. It may not be in demand like it was when it first came out, but i'm willing to bet it's a top seller for them.

The price drop would fall in line with the specials they are running with chargers and batteries....hhhmmmm
    "RED"

RC Competitor
    That's the deal I got in on

RC poster

Red face

The LHS I went to is a small but old (oldest in the city)mom and pop with no mom (a one man show) and he is known more for plastic model kits then anything else, but has some rc, we were talking about the Xmaxx and he offered to get me one for $699 so I jumped on it. Better to have $ off then a charger I won't use.
    Last edited by jayztoy69; 08-25-2016 at 10:39 AM.