Thread: How to Seal M41

RC Racer

How to Seal M41

How is everyone sealing the inside of the boat. My lipos get soaked everytime and that can't be good

I put some foam tape around the seal and used hockey tape to seal around. It was as wet as ever so I am thinking water is getting in from the back. I relube the prop shaft every run so I don't think its that...

any idea?

RC Racer
    Your motor cooler is leaking, that's where my waters coming from, Traxxas says its ok. Dump it out when your done running.

RC Racer

How to Seal M41

Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    Your motor cooler is leaking, that's where my waters coming from, Traxxas says its ok. Dump it out when your done running.
    I think your right because I taped it and it was still full.

But I don't run traxxas batteries so I'm assuming Traxxas can't guarantee its ok for them to get wet....

i'll be ordering a proper motor cooler.

thinking I might try and seal the nipples around the stock one...
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-29-2016 at 08:51 PM.

RC Racer
    I can say for certainty that mine had less water when I put on the aluminum jacket. I still get some water but I haven't sealed my hatch yet. I see the tape you can buy. I really should. I don't need to ruin my lipos. Even thou everything is considered water resistant, waterproof, no one says they are. So driving your boat around with a bunch of water splashing all over the lips and electronics, just doesn't seem like a good idea. Plus I should try some weatherstripping foam like everyone else does. Crap, I need to get some supplies today. I shouldn't wait any longer to seal the hatch.

RC Racer
    Cool let me know how it goes

RC Racer
    Ok so I also upgraded to aluminum jacket and what a difference. Much drier!! Sealed the hatch and only had a bit in the bottom - probably from stuffing tube!

RC Racer
    I tried the foam around the hatch, but I still had water. I'm gonna get some hatch tape. I think the tape will do it better. That with my aluminum jacket, should do the trick.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FortMark View Post
    I tried the foam around the hatch, but I still had water. I'm gonna get some hatch tape. I think the tape will do it better. That with my aluminum jacket, should do the trick.
    Yep mine was ok until I flipped it - then I needed the hatch tape. Watch the rear of the boat underneath there is some big gaps

Was nice to have dry-ish lipos

RC Racer
    Yeah, I am getting my lipos drenched in water. I have one lipo puffing on me now. I think it's best I not use it at all now and dispose of it. I need to protect those suckers. They cost a lot! You need big expensive 3s lipos to run this thing, I want to protect them better.