RC poster

Post To buy or not?? X-MAXX

Hey guys,

I have been a lover of R/C since the day i can remember getting my first one. After that i started getting anything with a small engine cars, boats, planes and small helicopters and i have loved every minute of it. Now i have more free time on my hands i wan't to upgrade and start having some real out door fun with the X-maxx. i have seen a X-maxx classified ads site and they are going for a reasonable price + they look beastly!! Also i have been on YouTube checking out some videos and all looks good but that's what they wan't you to see

X-maxx description as reads on the site

"Brutal Strength. Extreme Power. Massive Fun!
    This is the Traxxas X-MAXX 4WD RTR Brushless Monster Truck, with an included 2.4GHz Traxxas TQi Radio System and equipped with TSM (Traxxas Stability Management) technology.
    The Evolution of Tough
    The X-Maxx is a clean-sheet design, engineered from the start to take Traxxas Tough to a whole new level. Unrelenting 4X4 power, mammoth size, and ferocious determination makes this mighty monster a truly worthy successor to the Maxx legacy.
    The full X-Maxx experience of strength, power, and agility relies on all the carefully engineered details that begin to emerge when you peel back the layers. Old conventions were discarded as every system and dimension was examined and taken to a level worthy of the Maxx® legacy.
    Size Wins
    X-Maxx is enormous. Size wins by giving you the advantage to power over and through extreme landscapes. Mammoth 8-inch tall tires, long-arm suspension, and huge ground clearance dwarf the surroundings for virtually unstoppable Monster truck fun.
    Extreme Power
    Wildly over-powered, X-Maxx stays true to form with its Maxx DNA. 6s 22-volt dual-LiPo muscle and a Velineon 1600XL Big Block™ motor propel X-Maxx with brutal authority and an exacting quickness that completely defies its enormous size.
    Exclusive Self-Righting
    Before X-Maxx, monster trucks would sometimes roll over upside down, bringing the action to a screeching halt. Now, press a button and in most cases this exclusive patent-pending Traxxas innovation flips X-Maxx back over onto its wheels so that you can quickly get back to having fun"

So from all of that above what can you tell that it doesn't?? from the users of the R/C X-max how is it to drive?? and what is the maintenance like too keep the X-maxx in good condition??

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Oh man, you should get Xmaxx! It is very easy and low maintenance. Lot of fun. Run fast with lipo 8400 battery packs. Just don't listen to trolls.

RC poster
    I love the last bit "don't listen to trolls" haha being as you was the first and you have a good review it looks like a good start

one negative, extreme acceleration and speed runs on tarmac will balloon rip tires, its just a matter of how long/short time it takes, so dont buy it for speed runs on tarmac other than that i think its great. My Stampede 4x4 vxl tsm with engine castle 2400 , esc sky rc 120a and 21 pinion does not have this issue and its faster but offroad it doesnt stand a chance against the X-Maax.
    Last edited by cazrack; 08-30-2016 at 04:19 AM.

This is a must have RC! It handle's anything and everything from rough terrain to tarmac. Maintenance wise it's very easy to work on and right out of the box besides a 2080 Castle fan for the motor it doesnt need anything and it's a sweet truck! If you get the truck wet make sure to open up the output gear drive cover and drain the moisture out and keep the bearings lubed and she's good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The X-Maxx is a must have. It is a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8 X-MAXX's and 1 MAXX....

RC poster
    Yesss these are the answers i was looking for!! i can't stop watching YuoTube videos i feel like a little bot again hahaha

Thanks for the reply's i think it is time to order

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by New2RC2016 View Post
    Hey guys,

I have been a lover of R/C since the day i can remember getting my first one. After that i started getting anything with a small engine cars, boats, planes and small helicopters and i have loved every minute of it. Now i have more free time on my hands i wan't to upgrade and start having some real out door fun with the X-maxx. i have seen a X-maxx classified ads site and they are going for a reasonable price + they look beastly!! Also i have been on YouTube checking out some videos and all looks good but that's what they wan't you to see

X-maxx description as reads on the site

"Brutal Strength. Extreme Power. Massive Fun!
    This is the Traxxas X-MAXX 4WD RTR Brushless Monster Truck, with an included 2.4GHz Traxxas TQi Radio System and equipped with TSM (Traxxas Stability Management) technology.
    The Evolution of Tough
    The X-Maxx is a clean-sheet design, engineered from the start to take Traxxas Tough to a whole new level. Unrelenting 4X4 power, mammoth size, and ferocious determination makes this mighty monster a truly worthy successor to the Maxx legacy.
    The full X-Maxx experience of strength, power, and agility relies on all the carefully engineered details that begin to emerge when you peel back the layers. Old conventions were discarded as every system and dimension was examined and taken to a level worthy of the Maxx® legacy.
    Size Wins
    X-Maxx is enormous. Size wins by giving you the advantage to power over and through extreme landscapes. Mammoth 8-inch tall tires, long-arm suspension, and huge ground clearance dwarf the surroundings for virtually unstoppable Monster truck fun.
    Extreme Power
    Wildly over-powered, X-Maxx stays true to form with its Maxx DNA. 6s 22-volt dual-LiPo muscle and a Velineon 1600XL Big Block™ motor propel X-Maxx with brutal authority and an exacting quickness that completely defies its enormous size.
    Exclusive Self-Righting
    Before X-Maxx, monster trucks would sometimes roll over upside down, bringing the action to a screeching halt. Now, press a button and in most cases this exclusive patent-pending Traxxas innovation flips X-Maxx back over onto its wheels so that you can quickly get back to having fun"

So from all of that above what can you tell that it doesn't?? from the users of the R/C X-max how is it to drive?? and what is the maintenance like too keep the X-maxx in good condition??

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    I have literally been browsing for a while now and to get the X-Maxx brand new it costs around $850 but then i have seen them second hand for $700?? what's going on on $150 cheaper i might as well get a new one.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a couple large scale trucks, xxl2-e, Kraton and now an XMaxx, and I love them all. But, you must own an XMaxx, it's a unique truck. Get it!
    Trout

RC poster
    Any ideas of what would cause a clicking noise on the left side of XMAXX when turning to the right and under a load, my truck is doing just that, have checked drive line and axles, everything is intact, the truck runs beautiful except for the clicking noise, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by New2RC2016 View Post
    Yesss these are the answers i was looking for!! i can't stop watching YuoTube videos i feel like a little bot again hahaha

Thanks for the reply's i think it is time to order

Congratulations to your order. You will have a blast with it!!!