RC poster

Fix the old or get new

Hey guys first post here I have a emaxx 3908 it's been broke for awhile now I've put together a part list with upgraded parts for replacement total for all parts needed to get the emaxx back up and running is around $350 my question is would I be better off to get the new emaxx with tsm and waterproof ESC and keep my 3908 as a parts truck or should I just fix the 3908 up thanks in advance for any input

RC Racer
    I guess it depends on how much money you have to spend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    XMaxx/EMaxx/ERevo/Summit/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx3908 View Post
    Hey guys first post here I have a emaxx 3908 it's been broke for awhile now I've put together a part list with upgraded parts for replacement total for all parts needed to get the emaxx back up and running is around $350 my question is would I be better off to get the new emaxx with tsm and waterproof ESC and keep my 3908 as a parts truck or should I just fix the 3908 up thanks in advance for any input
    You can get a new e-maxx brless $600 shipped e-bay that has the new waterproof castle 6s in it.But you can buy that same castle waterproof system for $210-new-all ready wired and Shipped -E-bay or unless you want another 6s system (Tekin) or the castle x 6s esc.Whats broke on you -e-maxx now and what upgrades do you have on you list that you were going to get for your e-maxx? You wouldn't need to buy the hole castle system ,you could just buy the waterproof esc from e-bay for about $109-shipped- and allready wired or the castle X esc for $139.I put lots of upgrades on my e-maxx, aluminum chassis brace's and all the skid plate's are aluminum and i Had to put those on right after i bought it along with rpm arms and steel cvd's.As far as the tms i can live with out it. But you should rebuild the diffs if you keep it.Again What is Broke on you E-maxx and Whats your parts list of upgrades?
    Last edited by jon v; 10-11-2016 at 03:53 AM.

RC Qualifier
    As said before, the truck need upgrades rpm all the way, if you buy a new truck you would still need to upgrade it if you want a basher and for the basher you will need rpm parts. The water proof esc is great to have but as said before buy that on e bay

RC poster
    Thanks for all the input it's pretty much stock I do have some rpm a arms on it and aluminum skids and bumpers but the shocks are bent drive shafts and axles are broke motor and ESC are fine there's some other odds and ends that are broke but don't have the part list handy I was kind of curious about the tsm that's what was kinda made me think of getting the new model

RC poster
    Could you but the tsm system and install it or do they not sell it

You can buy the tsm for 30ish dollars at lhs or ebay. The tsm is fun to have and works in any car just need to make sure you have the correct controller.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Fix up the old one. Then get a new one. That way you have two just incase one breaks down.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.