RC Enthusiast

2nd hand rebuild

Hi everyone. I've been into rs for years and always seem to lose my way every now and then. I've recently found my way back and decided to try a different approach. In the past I've just bought new but I'm trying the whole rebuilding this time with a eBay mere. So my thinking is to save some money on the front end by buying used and upgrade with the savings. I purchased it for $120 so I have a $180 budget to upgrade with. First off the bearings were shot so those were first. I purchased from Bocabearings for around $30. Next I decided to make a order from tower for the obvious upgrades ( center diff, metal drive shaft all around, rpm arms and hubs, lungsford hinge pins and pillow balls, rcscrewz kit, and aluminum toe links) I also picked up the shock rebuild kits and diff shims. I wanted the car to look as good as good as I could with very little cash so all the cheap plastic skids were ordered along with body posts. The skids were kind of a waste because I also have the Tbone one coming which covers them. They were only a few bucks anyway. I ordered some cheap road tires and rims from ... for now. I know there's something I will need to replace once inside the diffs and tranny. What do you guys think so far. I know I'm over my budget already but I have a better than stock revo I believe. I plan on taking my time and enjoying this rebuild. My goal is to have a durable and capable Merv to take to my local track. Thanks in advance for any info or direction you can point me in.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-30-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Congrats and keep us posted on your build with plenty of pics!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    For me, that's the only way to get a new truck... picking a used one cheap and rebuilding with upgrades right off the bat

You're off to a great start, the only thing I would have changed is the hub and pick up alum one instead of RPM... but everything else is pretty much what I have on my mini revo as well

That's how I did it... I got my Slash 4x4 Platinum on eBay and completely tore it down the day I received it.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Same here. Mine started off as a 1/16 Vxl summit. And now it's my favorite basher mini revo.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]