RC poster

New member - New nitro owner.

I have lurked around the past month or so to decide what RC forum to join. I chose this one so I hope it's a good place to be. 😀 I have always owned Traxxas electric products and hands down since I upgraded to the max. My 1/10 Slash 4x4, TSM, AOB with blue tooth technology is a beast.

I purchased my first Nitro. I am playing it smart by finding a well taken care of 1/10 Nitro 4 Tec 3.3. What I need help with at the moment is from the factory these cars have a starter kit with them. Mine being slightly used I am not getting that with the car or any tools, parts etc. I know I need a electric starter and fuel but other than that I have no idea. It does have a new glow plug with it as well. I wanted to get what I need so that when the car arrives I will be ready to see what she's made of.

If someone could lead me in the right direction on this I would appreciate it. I'm good with just a link of some sort that has everything I need to get going.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome!

Was the starter kit simply removed and is missing or was this converted to a pull or bump starter set up? If you need the EZ start 2 system your best bet would be probably picking one up a complete one online. Assuming you are also not getting the starter "wand" you will need one of those and a 6 cell ni-cd battery for it.

EZ Start system
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/a...ezstart2system

*Traxxas products need to be linked to Traxxas' website*
    Last edited by Double G; 08-31-2016 at 05:20 PM.

RC poster
    Hey! Yes I am assuming he used the kit for all of his cars. I'm not really sure but I did see a MAX listed so he has several cars I guess. The extras I need in that starter kit was not part of the auction.

Electric starter
    Fuel
    After run
    Fuel bottle for fill ups
    Wand

I hope that is all. I am checking out the link you provided. I looked before but they had so many starter kits with different items. I will check your link and will probably buy it. Thanks again, 👊🏼

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunner007 View Post
    Welcome!

Was the starter kit simply removed and is missing or was this converted to a pull or bump starter set up? If you need the EZ start 2 system your best bet would be probably picking one up a complete one online. Assuming you are also not getting the starter "wand" you will need one of those and a 6 cell ni-cd battery for it.

EZ Start system
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/a...ezstart2system

*Traxxas products need to be linked to Traxxas' website*

You have any pictures of what you do have just to get any idea of what you need for sure? did you pick up one that is in pieces?

I am new to the 4 tec myself having picked up two used "parts or repair" cars in the past couple of months. Both of which I have made in to runners. Depending on the condition and how well it was cared for be prepared to having to clean the carb. My .15 needed a bit of cleaning to get it to run and the 2.5 needed a lot of cleaning and really needs a carb. After I got it running it died and I found about a quarter sized glob of dirty red jelly(old after run or air filter oil?) in the air filter housing. This was after I had pulled the engine out and had cleaned similar stuff out of it that was packed in to the point the engine wouldn't even turn. Don't forget you need a 6 cell stick pack for the "wand".