RC Racer

What did you do with your M41 today?

I just got back from the local lake of running with my 5000mah batts, got about 15 mins. of run time, great glass and full speed runs. Gonna try my 8400mah 6s tomorrow in the front slot. getting used to different turn and accecerate speeds and driving thru my speed wake. Great boat.

RC Racer
    I changed the prop to 1 degree instead of 2 degree that is the default. Seems to keep mine from purposing better. Only thing is when I adjust the prop shaft it bring the shaft back more away from the motor and left a little bit of the flex shaft exposed. I placed the shroud over it and went out and ran it. Well, half way thru my 2nd run of lipos, I could hear the change in the flex shaft. You can tell that the shaft is cleared out of grease because the pitch changes on the flex when running the boat. When I got home, took the shroud off and grease was all over it because the exposed part flung out all the grease. I need to adjust the prop shaft forward just a little to keep it from being exposed and loosing the grease faster than I should be losing it.

Plus the rubber bit that goes around the prop shaft(stuffing tube) cracked and split apart. I think the purpose of that was to prevent water from coming into the drive strut?

RC Racer
    How often do you grease your cable.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spartantamer View Post
    How often do you grease your cable.
    Everyone run on 6s 6000 mah. It's close to 15 min of run time. I found if I did two runs there was 0 grease left and water coming in.

I'll go 2runs on 4s.

RC Racer
    15 Minutes is kind of long for 6s.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spartantamer View Post
    15 Minutes is kind of long for 6s.
    I'm just guessing. 15 min was the recommended relube time and I'm sure my 6s gets 8-10

RC Racer
    I was getting 15-18 min of run time with my 5000 6s at first, now i'm using the 8400 6s. The 5000"s puffed quickly in the 41. I have a new Rustler VXL coming so i'm thinkin MaxAmps and bite the bullet.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    I was getting 15-18 min of run time with my 5000 6s at first, now i'm using the 8400 6s. The 5000"s puffed quickly in the 41. I have a new Rustler VXL coming so i'm thinkin MaxAmps and bite the bullet.

I would love maxamps but up in Canada it is expensive to ship lipos and the exchange rate is crap! one day

mine are 6000 at 50c so that is exactly 300 amp max current which matches the 300A peak pull of the ESC. they come off warm but not hot by any means. The esc is cool and the motor is warm, pushing hot. But I've got a better motor jacket coming.

RC Racer
    I hope my M41 will hold up to the MaxAmps 9000XL I have coming for my Xmaxx, gonna use them for back ups in the boat.

RC Racer
    Order more props! I broke 5 of them on Lake Erie.

RC Racer
    I would like to get a couple of CNC alum props, they would be more durable.

RC Enthusiast
    Cleaned and waxed entire boat. Glides right across the water