RC poster

BRAND NEW Aton plus Battery Charger NOT WORKING

Just received my Traxxas Aton Plus yesterday from Tower. Out of the box it doesn't appear that the battery charge works. I plug the battery in a it just flashes red two times. I bought an extra batter and i get the same results when i try and charge it. The included charger doesn't appear to be functioning as it should at all. :-/ Not sure if this is a common problem or what. Not really sure what to do. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks.

Shane

RC Qualifier
    Not a lot of problems with the charger.. Make sure the plug is pushed in the charger all the way
    I've heard that can be a problem

RC Qualifier
    Agreed Hemidoo, we've certainly seen that often enough.

RC Qualifier
    I also had to really push the battery plug in. Very tight fit. Had to use some force to get it out also. Will be using my other charger from now on but it definitely is tight at first. I'm sure after a while it will break in. I will be selling the Traxxas one soon

RC poster
    Thanks guys for the replies. I have tried all of that with no different results. :/

RC Qualifier
    I would call Traxxas. I have always had great customer service with them. I take it you don't have a spare charger that you could buy an id adapter for?

RC poster
    Luckily I do. So I am good there...Just takes forever to charge the battery. .. i will look into calling them. Thanks.

RC poster
    Well.... Charged both batteries at 2.5a for three hours. Flew the aton for the first time yesterday. Loved it BTW. Took the depleted battery and plugged into the charger and viola it started charging it. I can't figure if both of those batteries were just so depleted for storage that the included charger would recognize it or what. i am interested in everyones theories.

Thanks

Shane

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PitMan71 View Post
    Well.... Charged both batteries at 2.5a for three hours. Flew the aton for the first time yesterday. Loved it BTW. Took the depleted battery and plugged into the charger and viola it started charging it. I can't figure if both of those batteries were just so depleted for storage that the included charger would recognize it or what. i am interested in everyones theories.

Thanks

Shane

The included Aton charger is really finicky. the same thing happened to me. and then I realized that it was me not quickly and firmly plugging it in all the way. you really gotta jam that sucker in there and it'll work every time.

If you get an error code or red flashing, you may need to unplug the charger from the wall and try again.

RC poster
    The charger is finicky. I guess that it has something to do with the balancing connections in the plug. It started freaking yesterday and I pushed it harder in there and it started charging again. Thanks for all the help guys.

RC Competitor
    My first was USED. My second Aton was brand new. When I tried to charge the battery with the new battery charger it was only flash red . I called Traxxas they tell me to push really hard first few times because it was brand new. if your charger is blinking red instead of green just push real hard like you need to pop the cherry on the charger. otherwise I don't know what your problem Is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Same problem here. Brand new aton charger.
    Only red blinking led two times.
    Battery was inserted all the way. Not working.
    I several times inserted en ejected the battery in the charger. (about 5 times) Now its working!!!
    Green blinking led, first one time, now after 10 minutes 2 times.
    Thanks for the help.