RC poster

need help with tuning revo 3.3

just bought a revo 3.3 and the guys i bought it from said it just needs tuning he said he took it to winhester here in oregon but its a different elivation were i live here in parkdale oregon and was wondering if that is the problem.

RC Racer
    Never trust people when it comes to nitros,, it can be killed in a split second..
    But start drom the scratch,, base settings.
    Hsn 4 turns out. Lsn 1,75 or flush
    Idle gap 1mm.
    Then take it from there, if it fires right up, it should be easy , but if not, and it have air leaks, you have to disasemble, and repack the engine( wich you should always do with nitros)
    nitro rusty, t-maxx and 2 revo 3.3's. Slash 4/4 bl

RC Competitor
    Repack what ?

RC Competitor
    I've gotten used nitros before. Needs "tuning" can mean just that, or that the engine has fried. Set the needles to what Joller said, the slide gap can be approximated with a paperclip, charge the batt for the reciever, prime it and crank see what happens. On mine, it ran but noit well. I chased the tuning for almost 1 gallon. Then I started with flushing the tank, replacing the hoses and cleaning the carb and a fresh 3232X plug in there. You'd want to do this anyway to establish your baseline maintenance. If your still having probs with tuning, you'll need to take the engine out. Replace the o ring for the backplate, traxxas does not recommend RTV in this area but I did it to mine. I put a thin layer of the high temp, solvent resistant silicone in the backlate as well as the carb neck and inch bolt. Make sre you give the sealant 12 to 24 hrs to cure. Fire her up and start tuning. There are great write ups here on troubleshooting and tuning.I hope this helps.

RC Racer
    Repack the whole engine, totally disasembly, checking sleeve pinch, and new seals, some use rtv gasket, i don.t. Up to you.
    nitro rusty, t-maxx and 2 revo 3.3's. Slash 4/4 bl