Thread: Summit

RC poster

Exclamation Summit

I am gonna get the Summit but I have a few questions. Should I go bl? I have heard both ways. How are the stock tires? Is it a good rock lumber?

For crawling and trail stuff.A good set of lipos.
    Is all you need to get started,really.
    There are lots of members vids in the sticky at the top of the page.In my opinion It crawls and climbs just fine with some practise,That's the best part,The practice part.lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Lol. I am looking forward to learning. Do I need to go brushless if I go LiPo? I know it has the colossus 775 brushed.

RC poster
    Nice profile picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden353 View Post
    I hate to disappoint you, but to my knowledge, the Summit doesn't come with rock or lumber. I am not entirely sure why you would think it might. Also, I recommend brushless. Although you lose the 100% brushless waterproof guarantee, you can get massive torque and speed with a Castle Creations 2200kv motor geared really low. However, all in all, I personally think you are too young and inexperienced to be purchasing such a RC vehicle. I recommend you go back to YouTube and be content with watching others run their Summits until you are old enough to safely operate one yourself. This vehicle is very different from the $25 New Bright indoor car at Target. Maybe your daddy can get something similar and maybe he will let you drive it a little if you are supervised. Good luck and be patient.
    That was super helpful.Really doesn't matter to me if he has one or not,he asked a question
    I answered it,That is what this forum is for last time I checked.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    You dont have to go brushless to run lipos. I ran mine stock of 4s and it was a great truck like that. Plenty of power for crawling. And was decently fast as well. But i burned up my stock motor doing dounuts on a slick concrete floor. Thats when i decided to go brushless. Just be prepared to break alot of drivetrain parts going brushless. At least until you learn to respect the throttle. Good luck man. Hope you enjoy your summit as much as i do mine!
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!