RC poster

Getting back into RC with an old E maxx BL and have questions.

Hey guys!

I recently picked up an older E-Maxx (3906 I think..) with the veilneon BL in it. Its the blue motor (3500kv??). I am running two 2cell 3300 venom lipo batteries.

Here is my questions: First what is the best gear ratio.....? My goal is to be able to pop wheelies in first when ever I want and in second gear hit around 60mph. I am currently running 18/66 and its fast ish.. but I really want more. I know this combo exists from YouTube. HAHA

That question leads me to my next.. Can my system if driven carefully and temps are watched run two 3cell lipos? For when I wanna go fast.

Thank you for the help guys!

Welcome! First of all, the velineon combo should not be in a 1/8 emaxx. Second, you cannot run more than 3s on that combo. You should not run that combo in that vehicle since you will burn it down. Get the stock combo, or mamba monster 2 with 2200kv motor if you want to go 60mph and run two 3s battery packs. As for gearing, if you have aceptable temps on that velineon combo, dont change it, keep it there

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

RC Racer
    Like above, you are gonna have to be careful with that combo or you will burn it up. As for 60mph good luck, you will need to lower it and stiffen the suspension plus get better tires. Even then 60 with a monster truck is a handful. Mine runs 35-40 and that's fast enough trust me
    E-Maxx 150A and 2100kv 4-pole

RC poster
    Hey guys thanks for the response! So my system is for a smaller rc?? That's no good. I guess I'll stay where I am at then until I buy a better system or this one fails. Will this system handle one 3 cell lipo???

To get as close as possible to the qualities I mentioned above with some tinkering do you guys suggest the mamba monster 2200 kv?? Or maybe the 2650 kv?? Will it be a drop in part?? What esc???

Thanks again !