RC Racer

Breaking props like crazy.

OK. I'm breaking props at breakneck speed here. I bought 6 of them. I broke one before I left on vacation as soon as I put it in the water. I might have broken it before it hit the water because I hit it on my car or the seat when in the car, but I can't be sure. Then, I took the 5 remaining I had and went on vacation to Lake Erie and proceeded to break the 5 I brought. I can't believe how easy these are breaking. Is it just me or do you guys break props all the time like I seem to be. It was relatively cam when I was running the boat on Lake Erie. I feel like I need to get metal props because these nylon props just flat out suck.

RC Racer
    Ya I'm going through one every other battery pack as well. I think they do break pretty easily with the RPM they spin it. Even a piece of seaweed does it, it seems. I'll admit once or twice I probably came in too close to shore because the rudder was moved back.....

But ya I've gone through a ton. I guess the reason I still haven't upgraded to metal is what happens then will it get dull every time it touches something in the water, or chip and be useless don't know???

I run near a mill so there can sometimes be in the water - but I do my best to avoid.
    Last edited by Double G; 09-13-2016 at 07:00 AM.

RC Racer
    I broke a few when running it ponds, but Lake Erie, It's not that calm as a pond, but not bad. I went out one day and the wind was blowing pretty good. Couldn't get it up to full speed much, but I didn't break a prop that day. There was a bunch of weeds and when running it way out, too hard to see if I ran into some. I'm sure I did. I think maybe when hitting a few big waves with the prop coming all the way out and slamming back into the water I might have broken them that way too.

RC Qualifier
    Ditch the plastic get a bronze a stainless prop. The boat will be faster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Octura X442

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spartantamer View Post
    Octura X442
    don't forget you go this way you have to upgrade the flex shaft, strut, and possibly stuffing tube not sure on the tube.

RC Enthusiast
    I've been lucky so far, logged over 3 hours of fun so far without any issue, I did get a few black outs but after changing the TX Batteries problem seems to be gone. This boat screams..Has anyone checked rpm of prop..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid1 View Post
    I've been lucky so far, logged over 3 hours of fun so far without any issue, I did get a few black outs but after changing the TX Batteries problem seems to be gone. This boat screams..Has anyone checked rpm of prop..
    I haven't but you could get RPM if you had the telemetry monitor. I'm curious too

RC Enthusiast
    Wonder if a plane prop meter will read the small prop. Does the telemetry record the numbers or is it only live while boat is hauling across the water, My eyes are always fixed on the fast boat. he he