RC poster

Not changing into 2nd gear?

I've adjusted and adjusted the gear change through the little hole with an Allen wrench through the hole in the transmission case to the point where I'm nearly uncomfortable with how loose the screw is, and get it still isn't changing into second gear, even when holding the truck off the ground and revving hard. What might be causing this?? Any help atall is appreciated before I strip down the box, thank you!

Set the screw back to factory setting of ~6.5 turns from full in. Then leave it. IMHO at that setting and a good tune it will change gears.
    Second gear hits because of one reason: RPMs. So either the engine is not winding high enough (too rich) or the slipper clutch is too loose.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Set the screw back to factory setting of ~6.5 turns from full in. Then leave it. IMHO at that setting and a good tune it will change gears.
    Second gear hits because of one reason: RPMs. So either the engine is not winding high enough (too rich) or the slipper clutch is too loose.
    I'll do that mate, and the tune is abit on the rich side at bottom end but it revs very high, the slipper is tight but even on long straights with the engine screaming it just won't change gear