RC poster

Need a little help understanding what I have here

Just bought this on a whim. Raced electric many, many years ago and always wanted to get into internal combustion. I know the cage is aftermarket, but is this the stock motor? I had it running today, but after I fueled up the pull start broke on me. I want to make sure I get the correct one. Any help you can give me on what exact model this is would be much appreciated. Thanks

Gallery of images http://imgur.com/a/pykwg

Definitely not stock motor since it's an OS motor
    "Drive it like you stole it"

RC poster
    I have an original T-Maxx. This looks a lot like mine but with upgraded parts. I am not sure when, Traxxas did away with the reverse. Your truck still as the reverse servo on it.

RC Competitor
    Nice truck, is the tranny gray or black? I cant tell looking from my phone. It looks like a tmaxx classic thats been upgraded to handle a 3.3. That cage is awesome but it tends to pop the small plastic screws holding the bumper.
    Nitro junkie, but I dabble with electrics.

Looks like an upgraded Pro 15 since.. The pro15 had a different throttle linkage setup for a rotary carb and not such a wide stance. It also has a few nice goodies on it looks like. Nice rims and tires....
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 09-19-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC poster
    Trans is black. It has the reverse servo, but it isn't working. Right now I just have it locked into position to keep it in forward. The guy I bought it from complained it was hard to start so he gave up on it. I just changed the glow plug and cleaned everything up and she fired right up. Well, until the pull start snapped on me.

RC Competitor
    Nice find man. Sounds like youll need the drill adapter. LoL in a pinch, you can use the string thats on the window shades. Ive had to do this once and i just told the wife it was safer for the kids if they were a bit shorter. I had a pull start on my first nitro, if its tuned right its no big deal but man if you flood it, its was a major pain. I have used the ez start and never looked nack. I bash 100% of the time anyway.
    Nitro junkie, but I dabble with electrics.