RC Enthusiast

Curious About Funny Cars

I keep thinking about these Funny Cars... are they any fun?

I'm pretty new to RC and Traxxas. I did notice there used to be FC's but they were gone and now they're back. Is this something released periodically? Is there a risk this will be the last release?

Some background on my experience. Like I said, pretty new here. My son, who is 6, and I have been bashing our stock brushed 2wd Slash and Stampede for about half a year and we have *loads* of fun. I'm really enjoying these cars a lot. I can't believe how durable they are, modular, just made to repair, upgrade, and customize. Amazing products!

But is simply going straight going to be fun for us? I do live in farmland, with lots long straight roads just asking for speed runs. But would one scale funny car model be awesome? I am drawn to their size, they look big. I see a lot of high performance upgrades for the Slash, for example, but I also enjoy it just for the scale performance aspects. But just unsure I will get the same enjoyment from a single drag racer.

Any thoughts appreciated.

John

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCarlos View Post
    I keep thinking about these Funny Cars... are they any fun?

I'm pretty new to RC and Traxxas. I did notice there used to be FC's but they were gone and now they're back. Is this something released periodically? Is there a risk this will be the last release?

Some background on my experience. Like I said, pretty new here. My son, who is 6, and I have been bashing our stock brushed 2wd Slash and Stampede for about half a year and we have *loads* of fun. I'm really enjoying these cars a lot. I can't believe how durable they are, modular, just made to repair, upgrade, and customize. Amazing products!

But is simply going straight going to be fun for us? I do live in farmland, with lots long straight roads just asking for speed runs. But would one scale funny car model be awesome? I am drawn to their size, they look big. I see a lot of high performance upgrades for the Slash, for example, but I also enjoy it just for the scale performance aspects. But just unsure I will get the same enjoyment from a single drag racer.

Any thoughts appreciated.

John
    John,
    The Funny Cars are very good, in terms of speed and performance. I have played with them. They are fun if you have two racing together side by side. You should check out the youtube videos on the Traxxas funny to get a firsthand look for yourself from those who have tested them out. And if you are still interested, check out the Marketplace forum as I have an unopened Traxxas Funny Car for sale. These are popular cars as there are as close to the real thing as possible.

RC Qualifier
    just my opinion ,,,,
    the funny cars require I bit more commitment ... than most other RC type vehicles .... they are only going to be what you make of them .... if you are into collecting RC vehicles .... the funnycar is a must have ...
    I just happen to have the best one in the whole world ....
    I stuffed my 1/8 funny car under a a 1/10 sale body for the most awsom dragster I have ever seen...just my opinion...

RC poster
    The funnycar is quite the fun RC. I feel Traxxas marking it skill level 1 is a terrible thing though. It is easy to put together, well already assembled, but is not an easy RC car to manage.

Before it is used, steering has to be turned down. And there are almost no circumstances where 100% on the torque knob will result in something fun. It is a handful to drive on non-prepped surfaces. But, it is a blast and fast.

As far as availability, it has been very difficult to get a hold of. If traxxas were to let this model die off, I think it would be a great shame. But I am not optimistic.

One car alone, would not be ideally fun, but if you had two and a DTS timer and some straight road, heck yeah, that is all kinds of fun.

RC Enthusiast
    Well I just bought one, Courtney Force edition. A certain un-named online retailer has them in stock.

Buying mostly because it's so unusual, and 1/8 scale is interesting too. I don't collect RC cars but maybe I'll start?

I'm planning on driving this though. I have long straight roads available to me, but they aren't "prepped" so we'll see what means. Nor will I have anyone to race against unless I bought another one and I doubt I'll be doing that(I say that now...)

Looking forward to my first funny car experience. Vroom vroom!

It may end up being a one trick pony and then a shelf queen. I don't know. We'll see...