RC poster

Summit to E-Slayer Conversion

Hey everyone, looking for a little help. The topic seems to be pretty scarce, so I can't find much information. I currently have a Summit and am picking up a Slayer Pro roller. My plan was to essentially swap over all the suspension components to the Summit and then eventually add a 1/8th scale brushless system. Then I would have a high/low range Slayer with lockable diffs. I'm just wondering what I should be prepared for, or if it's worth starting with the Summit for this project versus trying to sell/trade the Summit and start with a brushless Revo. The only thing I know that I may have a problem with is the suspension arms because of the lockable diff housing difference. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

RC Champion
    google summit lt.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC poster
    I finished up the conversion, but I can't find much information on gearing. Looks like going Summit to E-Slayer isn't popular enough to have much info out there.

Does anyone know what a good gearing setup would be for pinion/spur. Planning to go with a 1/8th brushless setup soon. Probably a 2200kv motor like a MM2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Size reference to my slash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The pinion should be 20 + if you are running the stock spur, mine is geared 25 pinion and 65 pinion

Quote Originally Posted by Sypsp View Post
    The pinion should be 20 + if you are running the stock spur, mine is geared 25 pinion and 65 pinion

Good info. But I think its about 3 years too late.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !