RC poster

new revo - no glow plug light

I got a new revo 3.3 and drove one tank. I applied wd40 as in the manuel and let it sleep. Next morning I added fuel and couldn't start my revo. The glow plug light on ez start wand is not on. I changed the glow plug with the spare one that came with the car. Still got no result. Ez start doesn't heat glow plug. I called the store and they said that I need to buy a new ez start wand. I asked what if something else is at fault and they said it is 99% the wand.

I don't have a hobby shop in my town so I can't get it checked and I'm new to nitros. Should I get a new ez start wand or a glow plug igniter?

RC Enthusiast
    Check the yellow wire on the ez start wiring harness that's the ground wire for the glow plug if it's lose or broke. You won't get the glow plug to work

RC Enthusiast
    Easy way to check to see if your glow plug is working is to pull it out plug the blue wire back in and have the side of the glow plug touching the side of the head.and hit the ez start.the glow plug should glow bright orange/red..and wd 40 fouls out plugs like crazy..I will only use if if the trucks going to be setting up a week or more.

RC Competitor
    Also, check the pins that go in the wand from the socket of the car. Simetimes those ge bent. Or the female ends inside the wand might have backed out and not making contact.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
    Nitro junkie, but I dabble with electrics.

RC poster
    Yeah, I checked the glow plug like you said and still no result. I found an ampermeter and checked the wand's current. Glow plug part isn't transmitting any current. I ordered a glow plug igniter I will try it when I get it.

You should be getting full battery charge for the starter motor ports and 1.5v for the glow ignitor. If not the wand is the problem (which appears you have determined).

The other option is to buy a glow ignitor for around $10-15 and use that to glow the plug and the wand to start it. Most people go pull start on their engine after they get their tuning skills down and use an ignitor. I also keep the ignitor on for a couple seconds after the engine is running just to get it warmed up.

After my EZ Start motor through a brush I changed to pull start/glow ignitor and haven't looked back.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Today I used a glow plug igniter and it worked like a charm and ran two tanks. This truck is amazing.

RC poster
    If you are like comets, they should change your Ez. This failure is common, but not so new. I also read that it can be repaired, but uses the glow plug heater. In ebay you can buy your Ez or hobby shop