RC Enthusiast

Question Multiple cars to 1 radio?

Hello to everyone. I've recently gone from 1 car to 3 and now looking at getting my fourth. My radios are starting to get annoying having to remember which one I use for each car and I'd love to consolidate them all into one radio.

How does that work?
    Does Traxxas have a remote that would be ideal?
    What benefit beyond consolidation does going to one radio give me?
    Do i get better functionality by using the stock radio that came with the vehicle?
    Should i just suck it up and use the radio it came with?

Current stable
    ECX Rukus
    Traxxas Slash 2wd Brushed motor
    X0-1

RC poster
    Have you considered marking the radios so you can tell at a glance which is which.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

TQi radios can store up to 30 different models therfore one transmitter can be used across different models as long as the receivers are compatible.

https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide

RC Champion
    If you are the only driver, it is not a bad idea to bind a your RC to a single transmitter

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thwmathue View Post
    Have you considered marking the radios so you can tell at a glance which is which.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk
    Yes - I've thought of it and i can tell them apart when i look at them but transporting them all seems like a waste to me. I currently run my Slash and ECX at a local make-shift informal track once a week and i'll be adding another - I'd rather reduce the amount of stuff I take with me.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
    TQi radios can store up to 30 different models therfore one transmitter can be used across different models as long as the receivers are compatible.

https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide
    This sounds like a great idea - How difficult is it to do?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NThompson View Post
    You need to buy the TQi receiver for your other cars, and simply bind your controller to it.

It will automatically member all the settings for each receiver/car.

But the TQi does not have a display.. I would rather get one with a display so you can easily program it specific to the RC you are driving. Something like a Futaba 3PV.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    You need to buy the TQi receiver for your other cars, and simply bind your controller to it.

It will automatically member all the settings for each receiver/car.

But the TQi does not have a display.. I would rather get one with a display so you can easily program it specific to the RC you are driving. Something like a Futaba 3PV.

Get a TQi with Bluetooth. Display and per vehicle programming solved in one shot, plus telemetry Also good excuse to add TSM to your cars if not already equipped.

As others stated above it's easy and with even easier if you do it via the Traxxas Link App in conjunction with a link equipped TQi transmitter. This option is budget friendly

You certainly can also go to different manufacturers system but you'll likely have to spend more money on it.

RC Enthusiast
    I know this is a traxxas website but when compared to other remote controls - how does the traxxa TQI with bluetooth rate to say a Futuba or some of the others on the market with an LCD that is on them? I haven't paired mine yet to a phone as i'm still just trying to dial in the physical aspects of the cars and get used to their base characteristics.

RC poster
    With the bluetooth you can set your duel rates via the phone.also there is the ability to see all kinds of info from the car like temp, voltage, speed via GPS, and other things depending on what censors you put on your car.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Thats true, I always forget the is the link app.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thwmathue View Post
    With the bluetooth you can set your duel rates via the phone.also there is the ability to see all kinds of info from the car like temp, voltage, speed via GPS, and other things depending on what censors you put on your car.

Thank you for the info -

I just looked up the traxxas sensors and it looks like the only things offered are RPM, GPS, and Temperature but there is a telemetry updated module that allows for more sensors. What other sensors would you add?? I would think those 3 would be all you need right?

Standard TQi sensors are Voltage, Temp and RPM (the RPM sensor will also give you a derived Speed calculation in the App).
    The Expander module allows for additional Temperature, Voltage sensors and the GPS (aka an expensive but more accurate speed sensor, sadly no other use from it ).
    Additional temp sensors can come in handy to keep track on motor, ESC and battery temperatures.

As for Traxxas vs. Futaba well the TQi is for the price pretty good but you can't compare it with a Futaba system which is in another league.

RC poster
    Or you can go with the spectrum system they're really good as well.

Hello to everyone. I've recently gone from 1 car to 3 and now looking at getting my fourth. My radios are starting to get annoying having to remember which one I use for each car and I'd love to consolidate them all into one radio.

How does that work?
    Does Traxxas have a remote that would be ideal?
    What benefit beyond consolidation does going to one radio give me?
    Do i get better functionality by using the stock radio that came with the vehicle?
    Should i just suck it up and use the radio it came with?

Current stable
    ECX Rukus
    Traxxas Slash 2wd Brushed motor
    X0-1
    Didn't the XO-1 come with a bluetooth radio and all the telemetry? I run a Slash 4x4 and my Rustler using a bluetooth TQi. The Slash has telemetry the Rustler does not. You can still adjust all the other stuff using the app though. If it was me, I'd grab a bluetooth TQi(lots on ebay),another TQi compatible receiver for the ECX and load the app on a device(I use my Samsung S6) Bind all the trucks to the radio and you'll be set. Mine works great. To switch trucks just turn the radio off then back on,turn on the next truck and go! With the right receivers/sensors you could add TSM AND telemetry to all the trucks and monitor them on your device...it's pretty slick.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl