RC poster

Wink Device Recovery.....

Hey all,

Been lurking for a while. Wanted to share a story where my Aton saved me about $100.

I'm fairly new - probably 15 or so flights on the Aton - had a CX20 in the past...don't get me started - the Aton is a way better machine.

So was working on a project at house and had to literally wait for some paint to dry so decided to go for a flight. I'm lucky in that there are acres of undeveloped land around me to fly over. Anyway, things are uneventful. I was zipping a long (the north line) and quite a ways away - I saw what looked like something falling off the Aton....

Ut Oh - I have a Mobius hanging under there! I didn't think it through at the beginning and intead of doing a Emergency Brake and walking over to the right area - hit RTH and tried to line up my bearings on where I was, where it was and maybe where the camera fell.....

Got her in and yep - the Mobius was gone. Lock nut must have loosened up and let her fall. OK - walking out over the field looking around for about 15 minutes and it dawned on me that I had telemetry data on the SD card!

Note to self - it is further away than it looks - I was a good 50 yards in in my "thought" of where it was vs where it was found. Here is a screenie of the place I found it from Google Earth. (Star is where it was found...can't attach files yet)

https://goo.gl/photos/toiJWGbi7iBBPFBfA

Thanks Aton!!! I could do stuff like this with the CX20, but that thing was just not nearly as stable from day one.

RC Qualifier
    Cool! you used all the resources available to you.

Excellent use of the tech at hand, congrats sir!

RC poster
    I keep an SD card in my Aton, but I don't understand how you use google earth to read a file.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by toyman9600 View Post
    I keep an SD card in my Aton, but I don't understand how you use google earth to read a file.
    I'm with you. I have an SD card and I downloaded "Mission Planner" and I just can't figure it out.
    You can't fix stupid.

RC Competitor
    Try reading here: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...P-log-playback, you want to scroll thru the tabs above the bottom left pannel (Quick, Actions, PreFlight, Gauges, ...) to DataFlash Logs.

RC poster
    So there's a way you can track your aton by downloading a file on a sd card and putting that into the aton?

RC poster
    I believe this is what I did:

https://traxxas.com/blog/aton/missionplanner