RC Racer

Question Largest batteries?

Hello all!

I'm wondering if the M41 will fit anything large than the Traxxas batteries? Such as the Kershaw 8000 45c batteries? They're a few inches longer. Will there be room?
    Also, I like to jump waves...do you think the Spartan is THAT much better for jumping waves/rough water? I really like the size of the M41 compares to Spartan...if only the Spartan was bigger

RC Racer
    I got 2 of these.

http://spcracingbatteries.com/index....product_id=104

These things are huge. They're about the same width and length, but the height is much taller. They fit in there just fine, a pain in the butt to get the straps around, and they are heavy. Much heavier. I'm sure it does slow down the boat, but I don't see that much of a difference. The boat is still fast, but I can get a pretty good run time of 15min+ depending on how hard I push them.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FortMark View Post
    I got 2 of these.

http://spcracingbatteries.com/index....product_id=104

These things are huge. They're about the same width and length, but the height is much taller. They fit in there just fine, a pain in the butt to get the straps around, and they are heavy. Much heavier. I'm sure it does slow down the boat, but I don't see that much of a difference. The boat is still fast, but I can get a pretty good run time of 15min+ depending on how hard I push them.
    Ohhh those are bomb!! Great price. I think I'll get a couple for my X Maxx!!

RC Racer
    I run my 8400 6s on occasion but they are hard to balance because of the weight. I like the 5000 6s much better. Bad thing I've found with the 5000 6s is they will puff after a few runs, condensation infection from the hot batteries against a cold hull temp inversion.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    I run my 8400 6s on occasion but they are hard to balance because of the weight. I like the 5000 6s much better. Bad thing I've found with the 5000 6s is they will puff after a few runs, condensation infection from the hot batteries against a cold hull temp inversion.
    Ohhhh, I heard puffing is caused by too low of C rating. Traxxas batteries are 25C and apparently these vehicles need minimum 50C. So my 45C and 50C batteries are fine...my Traxxas 25C are still puffing.

RC Racer
    if your traxxas 25c puffed call traxxas and demand replacement. That is the battery they recommend

they test closer to 50c though

stop running before LVC and your battery should last more cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Gman313 View Post
    if your traxxas 25c puffed call traxxas and demand replacement. That is the battery they recommend

they test closer to 50c though

stop running before LVC and your battery should last more cycles
    Demand? Respect and trust that the right thing will be done is guaranteed to be more effective and yield a better outcome than that. It's a dumb thing to advise.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    I have always had great success with Traxxas. I have had to send back a motor, ESC and 2 sets of batteries and every time I expected their customer service to tell me they are not covered.......They were and sent back in a hurry. I have nothing bad or negative to say about Traxxas. But I never demanded anything from them. I simply ask a question and in all cases I was sent a RMA with no questions ask.

RC Racer
    I expect when I pay over 500 for a toy for it to work as recommended. If the product offered doesn't perform, your right Im going to be demanding
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-29-2016 at 07:47 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Demand? Respect and trust that the right thing will be done is guaranteed to be more effective and yield a better outcome than that. It's a dumb thing to advise.
    Good point. Cooler heads will prevail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallett240 View Post
    Hello all!

I'm wondering if the M41 will fit anything large than the Traxxas batteries? Such as the Kershaw 8000 45c batteries? They're a few inches longer. Will there be room?
    Also, I like to jump waves...do you think the Spartan is THAT much better for jumping waves/rough water? I really like the size of the M41 compares to Spartan...if only the Spartan was bigger
    If the rough stuff is what you like the spartan will be the way to go , with less effort. you can run a cat hard in the waves but they can get out of shape real fast . The cat can be pushed with proper trim and weight balance. Both are going to be a blast. I own neither but have many boats .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    So it's getting nice out now and I am going to get my boat out soon. I need new 3s lipos. I have one set of SPC 8600's as I mentioned above but of course they are no longer in business. I need another set of large lipos.

I found smc has a 9000mah 3s lipo. It's 82 bucks, so 170 or so total with shipping? Something like that.
    http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=348

I'm thinkin of getting these. Anyone run SMC in their M41?

My SPC will puff on me from time to time. I have learned to tape up my hatch alot. I still get a little water but before I didn't tape the hatch and it would flood my boat and I probably damaged the SPC's I had. I know I messed up the other set of lipos I had. 2 others are ruined. Water=bad! But now that I'm not being lazy and taping the hatch up, I should be able to make my lipos last longer.