RC poster

Unhappy E-Revo VXL 1/16 Brushless Problem Please Help

I have a 1/16 E-Revo Vxl Brushess edition with a pretty big problem with it and i have no idea what is causing it to happen. So the problem occurred when i was just driving around my erevo and then it just stopped dead, i figured it was out of charge because i was already driving it for a while and thought nothing of it. next time i went to use that car i plug in the battery (fully charged so there is nothing wrong there, i have checked with a multi meter) into the car and turn it on no problems at all, the green and red lights are where they should be. Then i go ahead a turn on the remote to have some fun and expect the lights to switch colours like they are supposed to do when the remote has been turned on. But when i turn on the remote the lights switch spots for a second and then the one on the blue box (i have no idea what the components are called) goes to a really faded and dull red colour and the light on the black box starts to flash red and green really fast. Both lights act like they are running out of charge even though the battery still has full charge. When i turn the remote off though the lights still stay the same and the power button is unresponsive so the only way i can turn it off is to unplug the battery. I have taken apart and cleaned the majority of the electrics but still doesn't fix the problem. Please help if there is anything i could do to fix it or if i could send it back to traxxas and they could have a look at it or something?
    Thankyou

RC Racer
    Are you using nimf or lipos? And what receiver and remote are you using?TQI? A TQI remote has 2 red buttons on the top of the remote All ways turn the Remote on first then turn the cars esc ''Blue Box'' on.If it still does the same thing Rebind the remote and receiver.Make sure all battery's are charged up,remote and cars batterys

RC poster
    thankyou,
    im using nimf batteries, i dont what what the remote is, its just the one that came in the box, but is does have 2 red buttons one saying menu and the other saying set, i can't even change the mode of the car from nimf to lipo because i thought it was somehow on lipo mode, but i couldn't try and rebind the remote and car even if i wanted to because every time i try and hold down the power button on the car for longer than 3 seconds the lights start to act like they are running low and act the same as they do when i turn the remote on, so basically i cant press any buttons on the car other wise it dies again.
    thanks again

RC Racer
    ok i think you have a tqi remote so hopefully it has a taxxas link or a tqi receiver in it then its easy to Rebind it.If you want to try to bind those two SAY SO n ill try 2 help u with that,but to see if the esc is in lipo mode turn the esc on and then hold the button down a keep it down and listen for a tone,if the Tone goes up in pitch then the esc is on lipo mode but if the tone goes down in pitch then the lipo mode was on and when that tone plays down that means you just turned the lipo mode off.To turn it ON hold the esc button down and wait and you Should hear a tone play in pitch>you see what im saying? if not Give traxxas a call they can talk you thru that Step but tell Them to help you REbind the remote and receive First.
    Last edited by jon v; 10-03-2016 at 04:34 PM.

RC Racer
    You are in the wrong Spot in the Forum.This is for the 1-10 brushless,E-revo down list in the forum you'll see is the 1-16th e-revo brushed and 1-16th e-revo VXL but your here now so stay here for these ?? now and if you post something later for your 1-16th e revo go down to that site Thats where the 1-16th vxl e-revo ??Should be asked

RC poster
    yea sorry if im in the wrong spot this is my first thread, ill repost the question there, but also i cant change the car from lipo mode to normal because it dies after i hold down the button for to long and it doesnt make that sound either i tried before, thanks guys ill go to 1/16 forum