RC Qualifier

Anyone here drag race their Slash 2wd?

if so, whats your set up? pics would be great.

thanks.

RC Racer
    I'm interested in some ideas too. So far I've moved Bandit suspension to a lcg Slash chassis for the extra length and lowered suspension. Need to determine motor, gears, and rear tires.

RC Qualifier
    ill be using foams for rear tires...possibly 5700kv 3s or I have a spare 2200kv/mm2 and could go 6s. custom wheelie bar.

ill have a lcg chassis with MIP rear axles and HR gear box-geared way up.

RC Racer
    I have a MM and 3800 4 pole installed. Using MIP rear slider axles too with multiple axle options for 5mm and 6mm so I have a variety of choices for tires. Also have the 17mm adapters to run 1/8 tires. Got the RPM trans case. Should have gotten the HR (maybe later). I'd like to see your custom wheelie bar. I just used the Traxxas one for now. Trying to figure out how I want to do the rear body mount because I installed an 1/8 buggy wing on the shock tower so it blocks the body mount mounting holes. I probably won't go more than 3s. I have 2 1/2 weeks before out next race day but hopefully I can test before that. You guys drag race? Keep me updated with your progress.

RC Qualifier
    well not getting slash now b/c buyer was acting flakey..kept changing the asking price so I may just use my rustler..which is already upgraded for speed runs but easy to take parts off as needed.

custom wheelie bar will be done by bryan out of Detroit otherwise known as customfast rc...check him out on youtube.

drag races are done frequently here 132 ft prepped track but also every Sat night at a local Lowes parking lot for fun and bragging rights.

RC Racer
    Wow you're lucky to be able to run so much. I'm hoping for at least low 2's to run with the Traxxas FC guys. I just mounted the body so only need to paint, possibly make a front wing (had one but the body ended up over the wing), and scale the car and I'll be ready to test. Have no clue about the rollout yet.

I see you speed runs too. We don't have a lot of space to do that here. I'm testing the XLX for drags but haven't made full passes yet. Tons of power off the hit though.
    Last edited by rskoncepts; 10-06-2016 at 12:57 PM.

RC Competitor
    Stick! What Lowe's do these drag races happen?!? I am definitely interested. I am in St Clair Shores but will travel for some fun ��

RC Racer
    Did some testing without a timing system and might have to bump up to a 5700. The 3800 on 3s was a bit slow. Chassis worked okay. Just gotta add some weight to the front because it pulled the wheels up a bit at mid track. Maybe replace the front shocks with a tie rod to make it more stable.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rskoncepts View Post
    Did some testing without a timing system and might have to bump up to a 5700. The 3800 on 3s was a bit slow. Chassis worked okay. Just gotta add some weight to the front because it pulled the wheels up a bit at mid track. Maybe replace the front shocks with a tie rod to make it more stable.
    whats your 3800 geared at? I got the 1/16 rally and its geared 45p/43s using 5700 and on 3s its crazy fast.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kenobie View Post
    Stick! What Lowe's do these drag races happen?!? I am definitely interested. I am in St Clair Shores but will travel for some fun ��
    Well DFW, TX is along way from Detroit area. I always see youtube videos of drag and hi speed runs from guys from your area.

RC Racer
    Stick...I'm at 18/58. But it's a trade-off between acceleration and speed since we're only running 132'. I think it's an issue with too much traction off the start so going to try to narrow the tire a bit so I can run more gearing.

RC Racer
    Plan to test a 5700 and 6900 the next time out. My buddy runs a 6900 and has gone low 2's.

Last edited by rskoncepts; 10-12-2016 at 01:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rskoncepts View Post
    Plan to test a 5700 and 6900 the next time out. My buddy runs a 6900 and has gone low 2's.

that's nice. any more pics?
    keep me posted on the results from the 5700 and 6900

RC Racer
    Stick...I'll work on more pics to post. I'll do some 2s and 3s testing with both motors. The bug is not the most aero body.

RC Racer
    Got the 6900 installed and definitely sounds better with a test hit in my hallway test. Also replaced the shocks with tie rods to limit the suspension movement. Still has flex in the plastic suspension parts (I did put a cross brace on the top of the front shock tower between the shock mounts). I also have to 5700 to test if there's time. Weather is a bit sketchy this weekend (70% chance of rain) but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

RC Qualifier
    post some pics of your set up

RC Racer
    Secret...just kidding. I'll work on that when I get home tonight. But there's really nothing special on it and very non bling.

RC Racer
    Told you there wasn't much to see.

Last edited by rskoncepts; 10-21-2016 at 01:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    man, that looks super nice. I like what you did for "no shocks" and used turnbuckles instead.

even thought of using foams for the rears? I know these tires will balloon at high speeds effecting speed.

RC Racer
    I use foams when I run at the track (sugar water prepped) but just leave the rubbers on to test in the house. I have a variety (Jaco, BSR, and Dynamite) to test in both 1/10 and 1/8 styles. My initial tests showed the Jaco's were too wide (too much bite) so will cut one down to about 1/8 tire width or a little less.

Even when the shocks were pretty stiff it was a bit hairy on the top end. The turnbuckles are pretty solid and allows a minimum flex in the arms to absorb the road imperfections. They also allow easy tweak adjustments to ensure straight launches.

RC Qualifier
    I like your set up alot.
    I went a different route and picked up a converted nitro 4tec which I will use for drag racing.

and got my losi scte running almost 100% and that is my drag and speed runner.

RC Racer
    My regular drag cars are RAE for Index, ProMod, TF Funny Car, and TF Dragster. We have a transmission class that runs with the Traxxas Funny Car and so I put this together to have fun. Hopefully the weather holds up and we're able to run this Sunday. I'll post my results.

RC Qualifier
    anything good to report?

RC Racer
    Sorry got tied up helping a buddy get his new car to run. That was successful but not fast enough. I'll try and get some time with a Traxxas system early next month. We did have a good turnout for our transmission class and I think they were in the 2.5's but it was a bracket (dial in) race.

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    hey rskoncepts that is a sweet ride!

stick, you see my newest drag project? the corvette? I know you seen this Dragslash 2.0 before. Chassis brace/wheelie bar all one piece.

Anyways, I took all the parts off that and threw it on a rustler chassis, that instead of extending it 3 inches for SCT truck, it extends it 3,8inches so its xo-1 length. if that makes sense.

This is using xo-1 rear tires on stock bandit rear a-arms, axles(traxxas 17mm hex adapters), and links. Its basically a slash.... its more slash than rustler... and more slash than xo-1 hehe.

venom 4s 100c (150c) 5000mah watercooled battery
    Hobbywing SC8-WP esc
    Kershaw 2700kv 5mm
    17 pinion/54 spur
    TSM receiver/controller
    shocks on the rear tires
    turn buckles on the front.
    Xo-1 Rears and 1/10 GRP knockoffs on the front.

runtimes should be darn identical to a slash 2wd setup. (this corvette body is now aviable is slash wheelbase....)

I recorded that pass. Its the very last few seconds of this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3I04cjUGEA

skip to: 1:47 to see the 2 passes I recorded.
    skip to: 2:33 for the last pass and this is the timesheet one.

Hope this helps!

Fourdub

p.s.

I'm still rebuilding the dragslash 2.0
    Last edited by fourdub; 11-06-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Fourdub...I'm definitely a Mustang fan and it looks great. Hopefully I can get some timed passes this year but busy with work and helping my mom. Keep us posted on our results.

RC Racer
    Just to bring this back up...we ran this past weekend and track conditions were really good. Was able to finally get a full pass on 3s and it made a good run (but not timed). Still trying to figure out the gearing. Hopefully next month I'll get a time. Did some runs on 2s and only got 2.50 at 52 mph.