RC Champion

summit LT drifter revamp

Gosh its been years since I've touched my mustang vxl. the last time i touched it I converted to a summit body and installed the lt rockers. as well as throwing on 1.9" mudslingers. the tires of which were okay on tire rub, considering I didn't swap the a arms out. but from there I lost the diff bearings and didn't want to, at the time, shell out the 2 bucks a bearing to replace them all, so I tried 2wd for a while and then parked the summut with disinterest after the stock nimhs started coming up short.

but as of late I've been trying to think of things to do in general and seeing as I bought the mustang with intentions on drifting I figured I would kick the cat again and tune it up to drift.... aswell as ditching the stock tires lol. I can make the tire slide perfectly and with ever bit of control for about 15 mins, but i'd run out of grease. as well as I am going to look into locking the diffs and keeping the lt suspension.

right now I just have it sitting but later tonight I'm planning on getting started on the front end then the rear end as well. then also pricing out batteries too.

so with drifting setup do you want both diffs or just one locked? and would I be able to set up the car to have a reasonable amount of body roll in the drift? like lets say lifting one of the front tires off the ground? I'm trying to go for a bouncy buggy look. but still have control.
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    After a couple years again I decided I'm going to zip tie a 2s LiPo to the top of the summit shell instead of getting a dedicated battery. Also I found some PVC pipe so I got drift tires

RC Champion
    I still needing to get a set of bearing for the diff but I put it back together setup as front wheel drive. there ways hella wheel spin with the stock tires in fwd but it did get going pretty well. with the 2s lipo zipped to the top of the shell it does make for a heavy ride and there is mad body roll while accelerating and turning. just exactly what I was looking for with the suspension action. but at the cost of a very high center of gravity but I don't see it being to much of a problem once I get the 4wd fixed and the pvc tires on. as for heat the motor and esc were cold geared 28/45( not sure on tranny flip) specially with the weight of a 8200mah 2s.