Thread: the compass

RC Competitor

the compass

Hello,

i am a french boy and I live in the center of France.

i bought an alias latrax and a aton traxxas.

for the aton traxxas, do I have to set the accelerometer and the compass before every fly ?

Are there any precautions I can take to reduce fly away risk ?

thanks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by roger23France View Post
    Hello,

i am a french boy and I live in the center of France.

i bought an alias latrax and a aton traxxas.

for the aton traxxas, do I have to set the accelerometer and the compass before every fly ?

Are there any precautions I can take to reduce fly away risk ?

thanks
    You only have to calibrate the Aton (traxxas suggest) after a hard crash, not every time you fly. To avoid fly aways make sure the firmware is up to date, check traxxas Web site all the instructions are there. Also try to avoid flying the aton near power lines and try to keep it in line of sight. Make sure your batteries are properly charged and also check your transmitter batteries often.

out4fun

Traxxas Employee
    Also, avoid flying close to RF radiation such as WiFi devices.

RC Qualifier
    Hello,

I agree with what the other folks have said, with one addition. Out4fun mentioned updating the firmware. It is very important that your firmware be updated to the latest release. For this release specifically, Traxxas recommends re-calibrating the compass after doing the update. Future firmware updates may also have that requirement or they may not.

Good luck,

Larry

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryTru View Post
    Hello,

I agree with what the other folks have said, with one addition. Out4fun mentioned updating the firmware. It is very important that your firmware be updated to the latest release. For this release specifically, Traxxas recommends re-calibrating the compass after doing the update. Future firmware updates may also have that requirement or they may not.

Good luck,

Larry
    Good call, yes re-cal is needed after the latest firmware update. Glad you brought that up!!!

out4fun