RC Enthusiast

Easy peak plus not charging lipo

So it has been awhile since I have been able to run my slash 4x4. I just tried to charge my 25c 11.1v 3 cell 5000 May battery. When I plug it in. The charger does not recognise the battery is plugged in. I try and plug in a. 5000 numb battery. It sees it fine and charges it.
    Has anyone any ideas what I need to do?

RC Qualifier
    Not sure why it doesn't recognize it, is the lipo and ID lipo? You can still manually select the battery type
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Champion
    You might want to check what voltage your lipo is at. One or more cells might be too low, so the charger will not charge it.

Or it could be as stupid as a broken balance leads (even if it's an iD lipo)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    All the leads seem to be fine.. It has been a month since the last time I have been able to drive the truck. Maybe just need to replace it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I will wager the battery pack was somehow discharged too low and now the pack voltage is so low the charger does not recognize the pack as LiPo and therefore will not charge it.

Did you by chance leave the pack connected to the ESC during the time when the vehicle was not used?
    Last edited by Jakey; 10-09-2016 at 07:35 PM.

RC Competitor
    There are ways to attempt to restore lipos that I have done in the past, but if you are not familiar with lipos and the dangers of doing this I recommend replacing it.

RC Enthusiast
    No. I never leave any battery in the truck after I am done running it.

RC Enthusiast
    I am an a&p mechanic. If you have a suggestion on bring this pack back to life. I am willing to try.

first take a meter and measure the voltage level of each cell