Thread: Remote..?

RC Enthusiast

Remote..?

Has anyone changed the remote on their XO-1? If so - What did you go to and why?

I'm really looking into that new Spectrum DX6R, it looks pretty slick.

RC Competitor
    I never had the original controller, but I have mine linked up to my Spektrum DX4S - I liked the idea of AVC and the big screen on the transmitter so I can easily see the changes i'm making as I drive.

The DX6R is over kill! A DX4R or a DX4C(what I use) would save a lot of money and be just as good, and I would put the difference into upgrades for the XO1. That's just my opinion!
    1997 White Mustang Cobra its not a RC!

RC Enthusiast
    While I agree that the DX6R is overkill... Some would say the X0-1 is overkill as well =o)
    I figure it's a remote that is updatable for years to come and will hopefully be able to be used for cars built in 2026.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NThompson View Post
    Has anyone changed the remote on their XO-1? If so - What did you go to and why?

I'm really looking into that new Spectrum DX6R, it looks pretty slick.
    I have the TRAXXAS TQI remote that came with my XO-1 I got the XO-1 with TSM... I have my remote hooked up to the TRAXXAS Link APP on my android cell & my remote works awesome...My only CON with the Remote I wish it had a display screen for adjustments Other than that I am very happy with the Stock TRAXXAS TQI remote it's nice... & Light in your hand too does not feel heavy to hold...

RC Qualifier
    I would only switch if you need more range. I am in the process of changing mine, but I am leaning to one with telemetry so I need to save some money. You can't beat the Traxxas telemetry features for the price.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours