Thread: A-Arm's

RC Qualifier

A-Arm's

Hello everyone...
    I stopped @ my HS on my way home from work (I go to a little mom & pop owned HS) my step son needed a few parts for his VXL Stampede including A-Arms. Well I thought wile I am there I have the HS order me a set of A-Arms for my XO-1 I need from a crash to my amazement the HS owner said I can buy extra A-Arms if I wanted too he explained to me the same A-Arms for a Stampede is an exact fit for an XO-1. I said NA I have an XO-1 its totally different from a Stampede SO the Owner showed me in the TRAXXAS Book he said look I am not fooling you SEE there the same Part #'s... I'll Be Darned they are So I picked 2 packs of A-Arms STOCK TRAXXAS Parts I always get I did a side by side parts compare & the A-Arms match up perfectly. Just thought I would share this story & spread the info for everyone else
    Last edited by grave75; 10-13-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Not something that you would have expected, but it's true. It's even the same part number. Slash 4x4 uses them too.
    Nobody is born with experience

XO-1 diifs are a great upgrade in the Slash and I bet the Stampede as well...they drop right in. Some guys run the XO-1 stub axles/carriers/caster blocks on the Slash as well. You might want to watch how much of this info gets to your step son or you may looking for parts while his Stampede gets all the upgrades...lol
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    XO-1 diifs are a great upgrade in the Slash and I bet the Stampede as well...they drop right in. Some guys run the XO-1 stub axles/carriers/caster blocks on the Slash as well. You might want to watch how much of this info gets to your step son or you may looking for parts while his Stampede gets all the upgrades...lol
    Yea he tells me all the time we should take a ride to the HS & what his friends are running. I get him Stock TRAXXAS parts because he is a bit too rough (for my liking) with his Stampede but he is only 10 yrs old so I tend to let him go. & the Stock TRAXXAS parts are inexpensive & my wife does not want me spending a lot of money on hop-up parts. We already have some money tied into this hobby with ME having an X-MAXX & XO-1 / MY step son has the Stampede 4x4 VXL & his friend just gave him a Stock TRAXXAS Bandit with the titan motor in it (his friend got a Brushless E-MAXX (SO my step son is very happy to have gotten the Bandit for nothing) & chomping @ the bit to put in the TRAXXAS brushless system I told him to ask Santa Claus LOL). I just got him a set of new tires on the Clearance shelf of the HS LOL & Spur Gears & pinions & new Body So he is happy he can paint a new body his colors.

RC Qualifier
    Rpm arms are well worth the price. Those inexpensive stock arms add up over time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh62685 View Post
    Rpm arms are well worth the price. Those inexpensive stock arms add up over time.

if you like plastic that can't support the vehicle than sure and sag on their own and introduce a lot of play and sloppiness into it sure...

RC Racer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by feral View Post

that is a great price.... what is weird how that is listed on the AU ebay, but they are located in New Jersey, USA

just looked again, it's Jenny's RC, I have bought several items from them. They are probably the best chop shop still around

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    if you like plastic that can't support the vehicle than sure and sag on their own and introduce a lot of play and sloppiness into it sure...
    I have always used rpm arms on my vehicles and have no idea what you are talking about. I have never experienced those issues.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Look around on here, the rpm arms cant support the weight of the st9ck vehicle, and sag.... just the way it is. I do run rpm on my mini revo, but they suck on my 4wd 1/10 scales. I have the set of the bent ones in my parts bin. There are several cases of this on these forums by several users

Boil them that seems to help, prob like tempering steel it makes them stronger, but ive heard the same. As far as stock arms go theres nothing wrong with them. Ive run stock arms in all 6 of my Trx rc's(3 of which are P4des). Except for full throttle in to street sign and rock I havent had any issues with them breaking. I suspect the rpm arms wouldnt fare well in those situations either though lmbo.

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Last edited by Briber; 10-16-2016 at 12:33 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

i have to agree with this. rpm's look cooler but aren't built sturdy enough to not eventually fatigue due to continuous flexing. this is an even bigger problem when you run tekno cvd's like i do.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

RC Racer
    that is a great price.... what is weird how that is listed on the AU ebay, but they are located in New Jersey, USA

just looked again, it's Jenny's RC, I have bought several items from them. They are probably the best chop shop still around
    Yeh, listed on ebay in Australia cause that's where I live. $25AUD for a paid at the LHS where I can get 4 posted for about $12 AUD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah, and those are like $9 for the set of 4. Msrp is like $6 a pair