RC poster

Unhappy Rustler VXL, Lose control over... 5-10 feet away? (After running it in rain)

Sorry, I'm new to this forum, forgive me if I do this wrong...

My Traxxas rustler vxl.. which I've had for approx, 4 years now? Today I was driving it in the rain (for the first time in those 4 years), working perfectly fine for the first minute. However, when I drove it over the puddle, around 10 feet away, my car lost control entirely. When I was at full throttle, my car drove at full throttle forward, I tried to get to it to gain back control... of course it was going way to fast for me (fortunatly, it drove into a bump, flipped over and landed into a bush). When I'm driving at 1/4 throttle and lose control, it would go forward 1/4 throttle no control.

(My car SHOULD be waterproof and, I'm quite sure it is. I've washed it without it's body cover SEVERAL times no problem)
    The wire for my receiver looks fine... I hope...
    So is this a problem something to do with the rain or something else...? Should I be getting a new reciever? (It works close up so idk) Thank you for your time.

Sounds like you need a new receiver or that seems like symptoms of possibly of low transmitter batteries or a cut antenna (either transmitter or receiver). Open up the rx box and see if there any signs of water damage (water spots, physical water, or corrosion if you open up the receiver itself).
    I broke it again . . . \_(ツ)_/

RC poster
    (Wow, I didn't know I could open it up XD...) Anyways.. It seems there is SOME wet mud on top of the cover (inside where its just plastic) there and some white spots(?) on the panel thingy, and some spots of dirt

Can I just clean it will it work from farther ranges? I mean it already works close up

RC Qualifier
    if you think that you have water in your receiver .....
    put it in a small bowl and cover it with uncooked rice for a couple of days....