RC poster

Question Is the Xmaxx the bashing truck to get?

Hey guys I'm getting ready to go buy my first real RC truck tomorrow and I was set on the Xmaxx but now the RC shop said I should look at the E-Revo BL and the Arrma Nero 6s as well. I need some help picking... I want a truck to race around the yard and go bash at the local BMX park. I'm worried about the run times of the Xmaxx... Ideas???

RC Racer
    I have had several different types of RC vehicles. Emaxx, erevo, jato, rustler, etc. I have never enjoyed the hobby as much as I do with the xmaxx. In front of you it seems pretty big, but once you're using it it is the perfect size, at least for me. I do all of my bashing at my local park. Similar to bashing at a golf course. It's not a speed demon so if that's what you're looking for than I would go for the ervo or something similar. But for off-road use and jumping it is awesome, not perfect, but still awesome. And for run times, I got a pair of floureon 8000's for less than 70 bucks and consistently get half hour run times of nonstop bashing. Overall I have been very pleased with my xmaxx experience.

RC Racer
    i plan on buying the arrma nero 6s with the diff brain. but i got the xmaxx first, with the leopard 1340kv motor and leopard bl5 esc upgrade it runs so much better and longer. im even using a pair of traxxas 3s 8400 mah batteries. and im getting 30 minute run times. i love the setup and recommend it. i did get thermal problems with the stock esc but now the truck keeps going regardless. i love it
    Last edited by dallas1990; 10-20-2016 at 11:56 AM.

RC poster
    It sounds like you are doing the same kind of bashing I want to do. Speed only does so much, I'd rather have truck that can go anywhere and do anything...
    What kind are those batteries and where can I get them? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallas1990 View Post
    i plan on buying the arrma nero 6s with the diff brain. but i got the xmaxx first, with the leopard 1340kv motor and leopard bl5 esc upgrade it runs so much better and longer. im even using a pair of traxxas 3s 8400 mah batteries. and im getting 30 minute run times. i love the setup and recommend it. i did get thermal problems with the stock esc but now the truck keeps going regardless. i love it
    I'll have to look into the upgrade kit. Haven't seen to many aftermarket parts out yet.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-20-2016 at 01:23 PM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    You can get the stuff from Kershaw designs

RC Racer
    The Floureons are a cheap Chinese battery but they work great. I get mine off of eBay. I just ordered a second pair for $65. That's hard to beat. If you make an offer be sure to include free return shipping. The last one I bought had some defects which needed exchanging but was covered because of that little request I made. Also make sure you get the 3s2p version, they have a second kind that is only 3s that is very long and won't fit in the xmaxx compartment.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ejh321 View Post
    The Floureons are a cheap Chinese battery but they work great. I get mine off of eBay. I just ordered a second pair for $65. That's hard to beat. If you make an offer be sure to include free return shipping. The last one I bought had some defects which needed exchanging but was covered because of that little request I made. Also make sure you get the 3s2p version, they have a second kind that is only 3s that is very long and won't fit in the xmaxx compartment.
    Thanks so much!!

RC Qualifier
    Should you get an X-Maxx to bash at a BMX park? Watch this video and decide:

There is another one on that channel of the X-Maxx at a skate park. When is the last time you saw a stock RC truck that big handle jumps like that?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours