Thread: Servo Problem

RC poster

Servo Problem

So, my Rustler VXL's 2075 servo was working the day before I posted this thread. Today, it does not even respond to the trim and TSM adjustments. I have switched the servo lead to other channels but still no response. The receiver still works with the ESC which shows that it cannot be the receiver causing the problem. My servo does not make a noise in which it is trying to turn. Any help?

RC Racer
    You have the steering in #1 or #2 right? Or if it has two #1 slots, in one of those right? Esc in #3? all with the black wire on the outboard end? Sounds silly but it happens that they are in the wrong slot or connected wron. Can you move the servo by hand? Not bound up? If all checks out, it is servo or receiver. Without a good test servo or Rx it is tough to know which. Make sure the connections are right and all the way in. The next is to bring it to a hobby rc shop and let them try to switch parts till it works. That servo is around 25 on ebay and if the radio is a TQi, the Rx is around 20 or so. Your shop would be more of course but you would get the right part the first time. Sorry, best advice I can give without the Rustler here. Good luck. Maybe a friend will let you connect his good servo to yours.

RC poster
    I can move the servo by hand just not by transmitter. The servo lead is plugged into #1. Should I go to a hobby shop to repair or send to Traxxas, or just simply buy a new one?

RC poster
    I went to check out my rustler and now the esc is flashing green when plugged into any channel on the Tqi receiver. I'm starting to think my receiver is bad.

RC Racer
    Looks that way to me too. You can send it (and the transmitter) back to Traxxas under warantee. The turn around varies. But prob a week or two. I would see the Hobby shop. He can def determine the prob and sell you a Rx. Might be worth the time and expense.