RC Enthusiast

2wd brushless combo HEAVYWEIGHT Slash

As the title suggests I am looking for a good motor and esc combo for the slash 2wd. Now by no means am I new to rc, I've had a hobbywing ezrun 60amp/9t which treated me well and a hobbypower esc motor combo (not so well). Here's the problem I recently bought another slash from another guy who bought ALL ALUMINUM Upgrades see link: https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?...w#.WAz86XTn_qA)

So now the truck weighs a little under 6 lbs. and keep in mind it's 2wd.

So thelast 2 combos had either a motor or esc burnout on me because the darn thing was so heavy. I LOVED the power of the 4300 kv with 19/87 gearing but it was too hot and even with lower gearing it still overheated. Weight is the problem.

So for my next combo I want to run 3s no sweat and 2s. The problem is the lv motor. The castle creations 2400kv seems like too much power. I don't want to have a truck that will keep flipping. So any ideas? My new esc is going to be a Hobbywing WP SC8 since I've heard great things about it. But not sure which way to go in terms of a motor,
    Last edited by Superducky; 10-23-2016 at 01:10 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Also forgot to add that I am driving 40% of the time on asphalt, 30% on medium to tall grass, and 30% dirt and gravel. So I'm pretty much using the car everywhere

RC Racer
    Mine has that metal and the FLM trans case. I run Mamba SCT and a 1415 motor. 32p/56t Robinson Gen3 slipper and 14t pinion. Works so far. And on 3s.

I run a 1/8 MM Pro and 1515 2400kv on my 6+ pounds Slash 4x4 that is also 3s.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper34 View Post
    Mine has that metal and the FLM trans case. I run Mamba SCT and a 1415 motor. 32p/56t Robinson Gen3 slipper and 14t pinion. Works so far. And on 3s.

I run a 1/8 MM Pro and 1515 2400kv on my 6+ pounds Slash 4x4 that is also 3s.
    How is the power on the 2400kv? Controllable? And what temps do you get. Again I don't want the car to be undrivable because it has so much torque.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the problem is the weight, you can't not have the power.....

Integy is junk pot metal anyways, probably best to toss stock arms and such back onto it.....