RC Qualifier

M-41 upgrades & questions

Hi everyone.....

I had my M-41 to the pond yesterday Boat ran awesome NO Issues I actually calibrated the ESC & Remote (Boat worked more smoothly) I did not calibrate the 1st run (guess I did not read that far in manual) LOL.... I was looking over the option parts available in the Traxxas Parts section Any one running the Traxxas Link stuff I have the Traxxas Link stuff on my XO-1 & X-MAXX I was thinking of buying the module & sensors for my M-41. What Upgrades if any are other M-41 boat owners have...

RC Racer
    I've ordered the gps and going to try that. I'm not to concerned on temp sensors at the moment as I have no plans to change batteries or anything and what I have works.

Other upgrades:
    new water cooling jacket - the traxxas stock one leaks a ton
    Dual pick up rudder and second water line. Run one to ESC then out, and another to motor and out. They should not share

Some guys upgrade to the thicker flex drive. It gives you more prop options but you need to upgrade the collar to secure, the flex tube, the flex drive, etc....

Personally I'm sticking with the stock prop. I go through a few but I would rather that break than something more expensive. Stock props are cheap.

My next purchase will be those breakaway bolts for the rudder. I do tend to run close to shore and would hate to destroy the back end.

RC Racer
    i've also gone to deans connectors

but I use those on everything

RC Racer
    I'm going to link my 41 and Rustler VXL to my X-Maxx transmitter and add the sensors later to the rigs. I want to adjust my servo throw on the 41 with the telemetry link if I can. That might be a hardware thing.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the reply's... I already decided to get the Traxxas Link Module for my Remote & get the motor temp sensor for now. I am holding off of the GPS module I will pick that up next spring (the weather hear in eastern PA is getting cooler) So I am just enjoying my M-41 as much as I can now. I don't plan on changing my stock flex cable as well I would experiment with a different prop but don't think I will I like how my M-41 is performing now. I seen they have adjustable trim tabs available but I don't like the (adjustable) part the stock ones on the m-41 don't adjust for a reason (so I wont be messing with those)
    Come to think of it I have 3 run's on my M-41 now & I been taking notice to that cooling sleeve leaking myself. I think I will give Traxxas a call 1st before I look into a replacement