RC poster

Sst body changes

Are all rc bodies interchangable ? What do I need to watch out for if I want to change my sst body for an aftermarket one ?
    Thank you!

RC poster
    Would tamiya bodys fit ? What specifications should I look for ?

What kind of body are you trying to get? You need something with no more than a 6.5 inch wheel base, and I wouldn't go any shorter than 6.3. use https://latrax.com/products/sst?t=specs as reference for the wheel base and track width. Finding a competitor made 1/18 truck with similar sized dimensions could open up some options, but again, what are you looking for?

RC poster
    At this point something original. I'm not planning on competing or doing anything like that. Just mostly want it to look good and still be functional.

RC poster
    If I have 1/18 size would I be able to fit a 1/16 or even 1/10 body ?

RC Qualifier
    Not a 1/10 that a pretty big scale change, a 1/16 might fit though it really just matters if the wheel hibs are in the same place and it doesn't go past the chassis. Also if the body posts will still be able to work
    Have Fun and Drive Recklessly

RC Racer
    I like to buy the cheap hard body rc cars from Walmart and target. Lasts longer than lexan, immensely stronger, heavier for a more scale driving feel as well as appearance. Tough to size them up so there's a little trial and error involved. New bright 1:15 mudslinger Jeep Wrangler is a perfect wheelbase for sst but does require cutting and fitting.

RC poster
    Perfect thank you everybody

RC poster
    Not to revive an old thread, but I just put a Dromida 4.16? (I think) body on my boy's SST and it was a little short bumper to bumper, but it fit and doesn't look too bad. I can attach a pic or two when I get home.

ive done that before if you cut the rear bottom fenders off it looks pretty good
    cool ain't cheap -Dan Dreger

RC poster

The body is wider than the chassis so the rear wheels travel inside the fender and don't make contact.

I'm sure I could have done it different, but I paid $7.00 for the body so I figured what the heck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk