RC poster

Racing 2wd stampede

So I have a 2wd xl-5 stampede and I wanna race it so what upgrades/modifications should I do and what gearing should I run. I'm getting a cc sidewinder 3 4600kv and a 3s lipo 5000mah is 60c continous and 120c burst discharge too much? I'm also gonna get a new savox servo and I'm planning on getting wheel wideners,aluminum shocks(what oil weight should I use), 2.2 tires, aluminum caster blocks and hub carriers. I was thinking about gul wing front a arms but idk what they do and if they even make any for the stampede. Would this be a good setup and is there anything I should add or you guys would prefer.

What do you mean by race? Like going really fast or actually racing in some sort of unlimited 2wd class?

Whats your reasoning for switching to 2.2 tires? There are better, softer track options for the 2.2 size but the rear tires will balloon more than the 2.8 rustler tires. I think adding an extended wheelbase chassis dose the stampedes handling good. Fastlane has a good one.

RC poster
    i wanna go fast and still be able to turn corners without going to out of control and Have some control when doing jumps. I'm gonna go for more of a truggy look and I don't wanna buy a new car. I'm trying to get it low and wide so it doesn't flip over as much when I turn at a decent speed.

Cool okay. Id stick with 2.8 tires, less flex and ballooning. 3s 2wd stampedes tend to wheelie and understeer a lot so Id get the longest fastlane machine chassis for the stampede. Some adjustable body post and a sleeker body for that truggy look. Yeah, anything that makes it wider will help, offset wheels, offset hexs, wider arms. A lcg slash or rustler chassis would help but they will need several smaller parts replaced for them to be compatible; more money and work to do.

RC poster
    I was looking at the fastlane chassis and it would be nice but I don't really wanna spend 50$ on the chassis because I don't have too much money to spend on it and I was thinking of just getting some 20mm wheel wideners from boom racing 20$ and they should help. I have a wheelie bar but I think imam try to get aluminum bulk head, caster blocks, steering blocks, shocks, and maybe shock towers and bumper. Just so I can add some weight to the front, I tried to use brass knuckles as a bumper and it eventually fell off due to lack of correct hardware but it held down the front pretty well and didn't wheelie it has some weight to it so imma try to put some weight in the front without doing anything too crazy Im pretty sure I'd be questioned if I had brass knuckles as a bumper.

Yeah I feel you, it's a good price for what it is, flast lane is top notch, but everything adds up. Id just get it wider if you can and new 2.8 tires. One particular pro line tire for the pede basically everone on this site runs, I foget the name though.

You're going to have to make a choice: do you want mad wheelies or do you want turning control? Because more often than not it's a "pick one" situation. My 2 would be to zip tie some lead weights to the front bumper when you want control and cut them off when you want wheelies (or find a middle ground and glue them.) As for oil weight, I use either 30wt or 50wt in all my trucks. If you're bashing I would advise against wheel wideners because it will put much more stress on the axles and lead to more breakage. Instead, lower the ride height of your truck, and stiffen the suspension so you get less body roll.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Why do I have all these leftover parts???

RC poster
    The fastlane body is nice and I will probably get it in the future but not quite yet. Yea I've been trying to stiffen it up and I think I got the back shocks good but the front one still likes to come up and I don't have any shock spacers left. so I was looking at some aluminum shocks that have a threaded body and getting some Losi 50 weight shock oil for them and maybe some stiffer springs. I was thinking about doing something I found on YouTube where you put some fuel line from a nitro car and put it on the shock rod inside of the shock body so it makes it lower.

RC poster
    And for the axles I was thinking about getting some strong mip drive shafts

Can't go wrong with the MIP shafts, I love my X-Duties, well worth the price! Do you have any stiffer springs instead of just wedging the stock ones with spacers?

RC poster
    No I only have losi orange I think 2.9 rate and pink 2.3 rate and stock springs, I have the orange ones on the front and stock ones on the rear with 24mm spacer

RC poster
    And something I just thought of any prefers transmitters I was looking at a fly sky gt3c and would there be a way I could put a wing on my car

I use a gt3b and it works fine. And you could attach the wing either directly to the body or to the shock tower.

RC poster
    Ok thx and I was looking at a way to mount them on the shock tower but I wasn't sure if it would work what mounts and wing should I use