Thread: Traxxas 5601

RC poster

Cool Traxxas 5601

enjoy pictures of the super rare traxxas 1/6 on road

RC poster
    Soon I will upload pictures of my project Gas powered Monster truck

I so much hate you for having that Mercedes! Nice find really! I saw one in Germany that I was not able to buy it due to it's size. If you decide to sell it, just send me a message over here.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC poster
    believe or not. Craigslist. It was in a corner of a picture and recognised it

RC poster
    [IMG][/IMG]

this is what i saw and how it came. notice that the monster buggy shock tower has been put on front. had to build from a box of parts.

RC poster
    Hello, I have a Monster Buggy gift from a friend and I have been repairing time, I do not always find parts and they are very expensive, I decided to go through parts to restore and I am with the engine, for now expect to get pull starter, buy carburetor Walbro because The pum was broken, the concrete question is: How do you have the servos connected to the address? I can not find in my country servants of that size, adapt 2 standard servos with servo jumbo casing, however the servos do not work well, when connecting to the same channel do not work, I saw in a page that a Monstaer Buggy installed a MachBox I have no idea what it's for and I never connect all 2 servos to the same channel, any ideas?

RC poster
    Hhhmmm...quite a dilemma. To be honest, I am using to older futaba quarter scale servos and a traxxas 6533 receiver with a 6528 remote. I do not know what is a machbox. I did fit a capacitor in the receiver just because and it looks cool. As far as your engine, DDM sells gaskets and primer bulbs. I had to buy new ones for my original zenoah 23cc on the monster buggy from traxxas. They main things you need to know are the real part numbers for your engine. I suggest finding the original exploded views for the engine. Also, Traxxas still has a select few parts available for the monster buggy. There is also fleabay and Jegs. Call traxxas, they are really a good source for information.

RC poster
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    Thanks for the information, how do you have the steering servos connected in your on-road model? Could you send a photo? Perhaps use a connector and to connect the steering servos to a same channel in the receiver? I send you a photo of a Monster Buggy with a Mathbox connected to the servos ....

http://imgur.com/a/Mcpf1

RC poster
    Traxxas Receivers now come with 2 Ch1 ports at the bottom so you will not need a Y harness at all. Original They used a Y harness in an old crystal novak receiver. Dual channel 1 slots make your life so much easier. lol
    When I get home I will take more pictures then upload them at work tomorrow.

RC poster
    It is a shame that Traxxas does not support in my country, in fact I have many Traxxas spare parts, a friend closed his shop and gave me a lot of things from tires, to fuel tanks of many models. I does buy the Pull Starter, the Walbro Carburetor and I am now buying the servos four scale, as soon as I have photos upload, for now the important thing is to start the engine, even the spark plug was very difficult to find here in my country. I hope you do not leave the thread, I would like to know your progress in Monster Buggy, greetings !!

RC poster
    No problem. I will stay on here until I am no longer needed lol. Not many people have these 1/6 scalers and, if you look at exploded views, lots of continuity issues from early 90s. Forums like these are necessary so we can help each other out. I'm also hoping for someone who has the "on-rode" to answer questions i have. There are no part numbers or exploded views for that beast available. Hopefully someone out there will have one that came with the car when it was new in box. I will be glad to help you by answer your Monster Buggy ?s to the best of my ability.

RC poster
    Find on site who sells tires front, only tires, I'm about to get the purchase, although I repeat it's a priority for me to start the engine, as soon as I can upload photos of my Monster Buggy, it was a gift and I'm willing to relive it, I'm scared to have I bought another Transmitter with Traxxas Receiver, I have 2 old AMs thrown alongside the 3 boxes (literal, 3 boxes) of traxxas spare parts and duratracks, I hope I do not despair and get back to life that Monster Buggy

Photos of the tires I found for sale !!

http://imgur.com/a/o1yag

RC poster
    Please be careful with those AM radio systems that use crystals. They are susceptible to all kinds of electronic interference. If you can, spend money on a good 2.4GHZ system. Also put a kill switch from your motor to the radio. Just like nitro vehicles except more dangerous, gas vehicles are prone to run away from you if the receiver battery dies. Your 1/5 or 1/6 vehicle uses some big servos and in most cases HVs with metal gears and high torque. That requires a lot of power. Invest in a kill switch so that when your power dies it turns off the motor before the car takes off. Like I said in earlier post, I'm using a Traxxas 6528 remote and a 6533 tsm traxxas receiver. They work great. I can add telemetry with a 6511 module if i wanted to, and i dont have to use a Y split harness for servos since the receiver has two CH1 slots for dual steering servos.

RC poster
    Alright so I havent posted in awhile but hopefully I will have time to work on The GMaxx this holiday. Hopefully i will have it working soon and videos to boot.

RC poster
    How are you!!

I always visit here if you have progress, I hope with many happy the Pull Star, repair with the help of a spark plug power generator, got the spark plug and replace the coil cable, I found on eBay a set of bearings for The Monster Buggy, but any item you buy, I have to wait on average 60 days to receive it, the customs are very slow and full of bad attitude, I am looking to replace parts 6076 6057 and 6080. The car was a gift, but it was Abandoned and full of rust, I dedicate at least 3 hours a week and it seems that sometimes I do not advance, I find the manuals and it is easier to reassemble, I have 2 other projects to revive dead models and since I have many pieces of I can spare some tricks to repair. Regards, thanks for not leaving the post.

RC poster
    Hello, some time without having news of you, I hope to see some video of your car, I still waiting for spare parts, the next thing I need will be the fuel tank, I'm looking for it in several places, but until now nothing, To have news of you, good day !!

Nice find really! I saw one in Germany that I was not able to buy it due to it's size.