Thread: Radio range

RC Enthusiast

Radio range

Is there any way to extend the range of the stock transmiter?

go somewhere with less interference? But, seriously, how far are you trying go? I have on several occasions driven my vehicles beyond where I could even really see what they were doing and have never had range issues.
    1:1 is more fun, but scale is in my budget

Quote Originally Posted by Gwells64 View Post
    Is there any way to extend the range of the stock transmiter?
    May I please ask what model transmitter you are in question about?
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    Model 6528. It will drive the slash 4x4 with a gal 3 about 100 feet and start to sputter then I can turn it around. Sometimes I can give it throttle other times I need to walk toward it.
    Any help with this is appreciated.

Only way I can think of would be to make a big external antenna on the transmitter witch could involve soldering and cutting or like a signal amplifier to he antenna but you could screw it up the easy way would probably be looking into higher range transmitters

All my TQi systems will easily go the length of 2 soccer fields(360'x 2 + the 50' in between the soccer fields. It goes out of site before it looses signal. Did you cut antenna wire, or alter it in any way?

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

A range of 100 feet is very atypical. The first thing to check is battery level in the transmitter. The next thing to check is damage to the receiver antenna. After that, things get a bit dicier.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by Gwells64 View Post
    Model 6528. It will drive the slash 4x4 with a gal 3 about 100 feet and start to sputter then I can turn it around. Sometimes I can give it throttle other times I need to walk toward it.
    Any help with this is appreciated.
    The TQI system usually has a pretty good range so you should look into interference and/or antenna issues on the receiver end. Check that the receiver antenna cable is not pinched/damaged and that the end of the antenna cable above the metal sleeve is not damaged or cut short (this tip is the actual receiving/transmitting antenna). Also route the antenna cable away from possible electromagnetic interference such as motor/ESC cables.
    FYI the transmitter antenna is an integral part of the transmitter PCB and cannot be simply changed to a "bigger" one. Also note that antennas have to be very precisely tuned in accordance to the frequency, cable length and other parameters and incorrect antenna tuning will result in poor range and will cause damage to the transmitter chip.
    Last edited by Panamon Creel; 11-15-2016 at 12:53 PM.