Thread: M41 Telemetry

RC poster

M41 Telemetry

I've added the Expander, GPS Module, Auto Sensor Temp, and Auto Sensor Voltage. Do they have a connector for the iQ plug to connect the volt sensor to it?

RC Racer
    I believe you need part #6541 here: (scroll down)

https://m.traxxas.com/products/model...41?t=telemetry

I found this quite helpful:

https://youtu.be/-26ZSgDqwQQ

RC poster
    thanks. I thought I had read somewhere that the connectors on the ESC had to be changed to first gen if you have the newer second gen plugs.. seems ez enough

RC Racer
    I discovered you don't need the mount that you do for the Spartan. The telemetry expander pack fits conveniently between the motor and esc and bolts directly on to the removable electronics tray.

I must say this is an excellent design - well done traxxas.

RC poster
    You are correct. It fits perfectly... so well played on the tray design. Great job all around for this boat. Love it!

RC Racer
    The 6541 is the best connector for this or most other applications. I use it on my X-Maxx also.

RC Racer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    The 6541 is the best connector for this or most other applications. I use it on my X-Maxx also.
    Yep it's an excellent design! I elected to switch my M41 connectors out for another brand so it is the same as all my RC's and my charger so I don't use the voltage telemetry.

It's really just speed I'm interested in anyway

RC poster
    I got the right connectors to connect the Auto Voltage Sensor up correctly. Works as is should now. I want to make sure I'm not running close to the auto voltage cut off and be to far out. The lake is a little cold for a swim right now.

Anyway... thanks for the help guys.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ntruder View Post
    I got the right connectors to connect the Auto Voltage Sensor up correctly. Works as is should now. I want to make sure I'm not running close to the auto voltage cut off and be to far out. The lake is a little cold for a swim right now.

Anyway... thanks for the help guys.
    good to hear! FYI the boat will still run when LVC kicks in, just slowly. Bring directly to shore and charge to storage mode you should be ok

I also noticed the batteries heat up more as you get closer to LVC. I started with 5 min runs then gradually increased until I was getting warm batteries and that was my limit.

Happy Boating!

RC poster
    yep.. it will limp back to shore.... It allows me to keep an eye on the voltage so I don't run into heat issues... I limit my runs as well so I don't puff any batteries. I already have a set of traxxas batteries that are starting to swell.

Happy Boating to you too