Thread: Windshield

RC poster

Windshield

Has anyone had their windshield come off? Mine did after its first blow over. The boat recovered, so I didn't t have to swim. Once back at the dock I noticed it was gone. I'll try calling tomorrow to see if I can order a replacement. If anyone still has theirs and is willing to make a template to make one on my own that would be cool. If not, that's cool too. Happy RC Boating!

RC Racer
    Ya I'm in same boat (pun intended). Was about third blowover for me. I run in an area of the lake that stays 5 feet deep for a couple hundred feet out. Waded out, got the boat - noticed it was missing back at shore. oooops

The seem brittle and easy to crack. I'd be interested in another option....

RC Racer
    but I'm pretty sure it comes as once piece with the hatch cover. those tabs were not meant to be bent back and forth for windshield removal.

RC poster
    I'm going to call today and see what support has to say. If I knew it wasn't very secure I would have put some hot glue on those tab to make sure it stayed in place.

RC Racer
    Got to be careful on the hot trigger runs, the area in the bow between the pontoons is an airplane wing, catches lots of air. I've never had to swim yet, knock on experience and wood.

RC poster
    it was a little windy that day and of course it went airborne. Made me hold me breath until the splash settled down. I don't run it when it's windy anymore.

RC Enthusiast
    Yea this boat is fast and front end is like an airplane, makes it fun to run hard, I flipped mine over within first 30 mins of first run, made for a cool vid, checked everything and all seems good. love this style boat, airplane on rails.