Thread: 6s slash??

RC poster

6s slash??

I was wondering would it be possible to set up my 2wd slash to run 2 3s lipo batteries the same way the bigger trucks do? I know I'll have to upgrade everything which is fine with me. I just want to know is it even possible? And if so what are some awesome motor setups that can handle 6s lipo power and give me stupid amounts of speed. Thanks in advance.

RC Enthusiast
    That would be a ton of power to handle for that lightweight of a car. Why dont you try to aim for a 4s setup? Even that's too much to handle

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    You just need x duty driveshafts, castle mmx 2200, an open tranny (HR), and an extended battery mount. I'm guessing that you are going to run it on road, and you will want some good street tires. Most of these tires will require 17mm hex adaptors.

RC Qualifier
    A 6s slash would be crazy. In my neighborhood there's a guy with a slash on a 4s and its crazy, so couldn't imagine what it would act like on 6s. I would think even with upgrades things are going to break very fast.

RC poster
    I was planning on building a slash monster truck. Just wanted it to be able to out run whatever it lines up with.

RC Enthusiast
    My slash is running on 6s with a 2200kv castle motor and a mamba monster x

RC poster
    Mine used to run on 6s with an mxl6s and 2200kv motor. Its to much! Got it steady on 4s now for a long time. The drivetrain cant handle 6s imo. 4s is the sweetspot. Now geared 20/54. Its plenty of runtime and little heat.

RC Qualifier
    i am working on a similar build.
    found this chassis online that can be setup as rear-motor, or mid-motor. it also has two spots to hold batteries and would easily fit 2 3s packs.
    my plan is to build this rig from the ground up with HR aluminum gearbox, and either MIP X-duty, or XO-1 axles in the rear. I intend to run double 2s packs for a 4s on 2650kv, but may consider a 6s 2200kv setup also...
    i just love me some 2wd GT8 action!

RC poster
    What's the name of that chassis? I might actually look into it.

RC Qualifier
    rc reaper. it's his speedster chassis.
    http://www.rcreaper.com/

he also has one for oval, and a single battery chassis.

RC Qualifier
    hmmm. it looks like his website shop is down. hopefully he can have it back up next week. i was thinking of getting a second chassis soon...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    i am working on a similar build.
    found this chassis online that can be setup as rear-motor, or mid-motor. it also has two spots to hold batteries and would easily fit 2 3s packs.
    my plan is to build this rig from the ground up with HR aluminum gearbox, and either MIP X-duty, or XO-1 axles in the rear. I intend to run double 2s packs for a 4s on 2650kv, but may consider a 6s 2200kv setup also...
    i just love me some 2wd GT8 action!
    Nice chassis!! I have the rustler version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    this is how I set mine up, I'm using a Traxxas LCG chassis and an FLM transmission case

RC Qualifier
    it looks like RC Reaper is back up and running if you want to grab one of those speedster chassis...