Thread: My Slash Build

RC Enthusiast

My Slash Build

I thought I would start a thread to document my Slash build, and to ask a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer too.

About 15 years ago I was REALLY into RC. Since then I haven't had much time, but now that my son is old enough to drive a real RC car, we are getting back into the hobby.

Last week I bought a RTR 2wd Slash. I have already cut some of the lugs off of the tires to get better traction. This has helped a lot, but I want different tires soon.

I have a question about 2.8 tires. Will they cause any heat issues with everything else stock?

Also, I have some 2s lips from another car that have Banana connectors on them. Where can I find an adapter to go from banana connectors to the traxxas ESC? I want to still be able to use these batteries in other cars, so I don't want to solder on traxxas connectors directly to the battery.
    Last edited by blown240; 11-17-2016 at 04:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I would think you might increase some heat most likely. One of the best things to get and have is a temperature gun. You can pick one up many places, home depot, lowes, most automotive parts stores, harbor freight, sears, etc. It's great you can share your rc hobby with your son. That's what got me started into it as well.

RC Competitor
    I think venom sells an adapter kit, my nephew uses. they are very short, and seem to be a pain to take on/off but are hardly notieable.

good idea with cutting out the tires! i have some old stockers i am going to try that with, maybe i can get some more life outta them.

RC poster
    Keep it going man, going to be a fun thread! My Slash is my go to when I just wanna have fun, all stock. All charger manufacturers make adaptors for batteries, I used them for the last couple of years on my various RC cars to adapt them to my Traxxas batteries. Since, I've changed all my ESC connectors to Traxxas, due to the fact that they kept losing connection. My hobby shop did it for free when I bought the connectors.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the replies! I had a couple hours this afternoon, and the cars weren't charged, so I ended up making this from some old wood flooring and the side of an old cabinet!

The bottom plank had to be glued on, once it dries, I will do a bit of trimming and a put a couple braces in the back and it will be done!!

Hopefully tomorrow morning we will have some flying Traxxas action!

RC Enthusiast
    The top of the jump is 70 degrees, I figure that will give us more height than distance. Im actually considering putting wood on the bottom too, that way if we want less of height and more distance, we can just flip it over!

RC Enthusiast
    Here is a little video of my slash and my boys rustler. I had a screw back out, and he has a shock cap pop off, other than that, no damage!

https://youtu.be/Co19OCRaAjw

RC Enthusiast
    Today I got Traxxas connectors soldered onto a couple 2s LiPOs that I had laying around. It will be fun to try these batteries out tomorrow!!

Charging time! Maybe I will have to race the Slash against my DJI Phantom!

RC Enthusiast
    Great day bashing today. My son found some mud.

First time trying the 2s LiPOs. They didn't give us any more top end speed, but the run time is great!

RC Competitor
    Man you were trying to kill them lol.