RC poster

Metal geared steering servo for Stampede 2wd

Does anyone know a metal-geared, high-torque, waterproof steering servo for the Stampede 2wd ? I want to change my 2075 servo with a metal-geared one !

Do you have a budget?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Metal geared steering servo for Stampede 2wd

If you're looking to go cheap you can replace the plastic gears in the 2075 with some savox metal gears. Look up Savox SC-0251MG replacement gear set. It's a direct drop in.
    Too much power is just enough

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Do you have a budget?
    I don't. Id love to hear a recommendation for a faster, stronger, water proof servo.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCapps View Post
    I don't. Id love to hear a recommendation for a faster, stronger, water proof servo.
    Here are some recommendations:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHildo View Post
    i know i'm digging up thread graves here but while i was looking for answers to some of my questions this thread always popped up. the SAVOX SW-1210-SG is an anodized aluminum bodied servo and is their top offering in the waterproof lineup. in looking around it seems to be a relatively uncommon choice as far as slash 4x4's are concerned so i'm going to update this thread to help the next guy.
    first off, while the dimensions of the case aren't the exact same as the 2075 and the servo mounting tabs don't line up 100% perfect with the chassis holes the difference isn't even really a concern as the holes in the tab are oversize and will accommodate the VERY slight difference (slight as in not even a concern).
    i did choose to use a glitch buster to ward off any issues with the power needs of the savox and was happy to find that the spektrum capacitor i ordered fit right into the waterproof receiver box with the internal wiring neatly arranged. i still need more real world testing to make a well judged call on if the cap is enough or if an external bec is necessary.
    i went with an aluminum servo horn from axial that fits a 25t spline. to make this work the second hole is the attachment point and i used a dremel to grind off all material from the bottom of the 3rd hole to the end of the tip as it made it too long to clear the lcg chassis.
    finally, sometimes the specs on paper and real world application don't exactly line up but i'm happy to report that the savox is faster than the 2075 but not difficult to drive fast and the torque increase is substantial.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Im using savox 1211sg waterproof digital coreless servos with a castle BEC. I have not tried without the BEC but im 90% positive i will need it.

For a single servo setup i would recommend the savox 1210. That was the servo i should have bought in the first place but by the time i realized, it had already shipped. So i just bought another one lol.

When life hands you an underpowered (hardly) servo, buy another and run dual servos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    I am one of those that did not like the mod, lost three 2075 in the making, the servo became sluggish as I guess the extra weight was just too much, and eventually got burnt, thats why I chose the latter, to buy ones that are already metal geras, with the price of three servos that I had insisted on, I could have had another hv servo.

Anyway , now I am happy with the hitec 5646 WP on my slash, the futaba S9157 on the ereb and Hitec HS7954SH on the revo 3.3, next I should try another the savox SA1230sg for another project
    Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    its a hitec 5646 wp. and nope no bec needed.... steel gear servo waterproof. not that fast but more torque than stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Monkey View Post
    The Power HD WP-23 definitely does not need a BEC. I initially ran mine with a MMP & a glitch buster only.

From the info above it looks like it also runs fine without a glitch buster cap, however I personally fit a glitch buster cap by default on all my RC's as for only $5 I'd rather have one than not lol. Hence I've never run any of my servos without one.

When I was looking for a new servo my wish list was:

Torque over 200 oz-in (15kg-cm min)
    Faster than the 2075 (0.15 sec max)
    Waterproof
    Metal geared
    Must not need a BEC
    under $50

I'm really happy with the WP-23 as it exceeds my expectations and turns the 2.8's with speed and authority compared to the standard 2075.

HTH
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Anyone know what spline count the Power HD WP-23 has?

My son managed to break the output on his 2056 twice in one outing with his new trenchers. Gotta order up a couple.

I am a huge savox fan, I even raced for them at one point. Never needed an external BEC on my SCT, buggy, or truck running Viper electronics. It seems though that everyone with the VXL-3 needs one though and I really don't want to add one.