RC Enthusiast

About to install lcg chassis

I have a stock 2wd slash with the Titan 12T. Since I only use my slash on an indoor clay track I decided to upgrade to the traxxas lcg chassis. At the same time I'll be installing aluminum caps on my stock shocks and going with a thicker weight oil. I'm assuming the install is easy enough, but is there anything I need to know? Also - do I need to reverse the steering on the radio after install?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jrschultz View Post
    I have a stock 2wd slash with the Titan 12T. Since I only use my slash on an indoor clay track I decided to upgrade to the traxxas lcg chassis. At the same time I'll be installing aluminum caps on my stock shocks and going with a thicker weight oil. I'm assuming the install is easy enough, but is there anything I need to know? Also - do I need to reverse the steering on the radio after install?
    Super easy, the most "difficult" part is reversing the servo.

Baseically you take out the trans steering arms bulkheads and reinstall as well as transfer electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    smooth is fast

RC Enthusiast
    just make sure that you shorten the steering servo turn-buckle to the right size so you turn equal both ways

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I heard it will be like having a new truck.

Are you in Australia.. want to send me your HCG chassis?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    For me it made for a much harder reach for the motor wires.

That was with the stock brushed motor.

The rear shock tower 2 front holes were hard to line up by a hair.

Hit me up man if you have trouble, i just did mine.

If you wand a good video, exactly the video i followed, go to the y tube and Creature Slash LCG upgrade. You should be able to find it.

It truly helped.

Truck dosnt roll over near as bad now.

RC Qualifier
    I recently just finished the lcg myself. Pretty easy to do, took me a while to do though just cause I never had the time to sit for a few hours just to do it. Yes you have to reverse the steering too, a little tricky, the kit should have the directions on it or you can find it online too. I didn't buy the kit, instead I purchased the pieces individual cause I wanted a black chassis, and didn't want to have to die it black.
    Good idea putting some upgrades on the shocks. If I can make a suggestion as well. Since you will be tearing apart the truck its worth upgrading the bell cranks too. I put the 4x4 bell aluminum cranks on and took most of the front end slop out. So far I've noticed a difference in the truck but still have not put it on the track yet.

RC Competitor
    Make sure you look for the video i mentioned above.

That guy builds up his slash he named Creature.

Hes got an entire playlist just for that car.

I think he showed how to reverse the steering too.

RC Racer
    Use a little grease on the ends of the screws that are going into fresh plastic, it won't be as rough screwing it in. I like to screw it in with grease first, then back it all the way out and put it back in. It's like breaking in the plastic.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by noahrolfe View Post
    just make sure that you shorten the steering servo turn-buckle to the right size so you turn equal both ways
    Do I just turn the links in to make it shorter, or do I have to cut some of the shaft off?

RC Competitor
    You just turn them bud.

ON the steering arm right?

Its easy.

Did u find the video i mentioned?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS123 View Post
    You just turn them bud.

ON the steering arm right?

Its easy.

Did u find the video i mentioned?
    Thanks, and yes I did find the video. I'm going to do some of it tonight and some tomorrow.

RC Competitor
    Cool man good luck.

RC Enthusiast
    I just got it done. It was going smoothly, so I just finished it. Not a bad process at all.
    Thanks for everyone's help!

RC Competitor
    Good job. Post a pic if u can.

RC Enthusiast
    Here's a couple pics:

My Slash is stock with the Titan 12T. I have aluminum shock caps and the lcg chassis now. I just use it at the clay track to race with friends. If I ever club race I'll stay in the stock class. If I go brushless in the future I'll get a 17.5 turn to remain in the stock class. I'll continue to upgrade small things if/when they break.

RC Competitor
    Good job man looks good. You can get the clear bodies and paint them all crazy however you want too. Fun stuff.